3. Carnival Victory
We traveled as a couple, and can say from beginning to end this was an enjoyable cruise! I have been on more than 15 cruises and read not so good reviews on this ship, but I have to say this was this cruise was just like any of the "highly rated" ships that I have been on. Embarkation was so easy, we parked our car directly across the street from the ship and walked on within minutes. Our cabin was a balcony 8332 and it was a perfect location, and not above or below any common area. The cabin Steward was the best, EDZEL was respectful and always serviced our cabin at the perfect time, he was courteous, and had a great attitude, plenty of storage and a refrigerator. The food on this ship was very good, service in the dining room (Atlantic early seating) was at times slow, but we weren't in a rush. we once needed any time dining because our excursion got back too late for our regular seating and they accommodated us with a smile. Every meal we had was very good. I can't speak too much on the activities since we didn't participate that much, we watch a show and a comedian and they were both okay. Service all over the ship was very good, except for the excursion desk it was indifferent. We went to Key West and Cozumel and we loved Key West, just strolling the streets, shopping and having a few drinks at different bars. I do wish we had more time, we got off the ship at 8 am and nothing was really opened until 10 and we had to be back on the ship at 1. Cozumel, we did a last minute beach and shopping excursion through carnival. the hosts of this tour were fantastic Angel and Anna they were informative and fun. I would have preferred more beach time, but I knew what I signed up for. The day at sea was fun with plenty of activities, although we chose the serenity area and walked over to the main pool to watch what was going on at times. two flaws i saw on this ship was the serenity area was above a child play area (although never too loud, this is odd) and the Sushi bar was in the Casino which was very smokey so I would never purchase Sushi because of the smoke, this should definitely be moved to a new location. We ate at the buffet once for breakfast and the omelet station was great. The pizza was good and we loved the Mexican station at the pool where they do made to order tacos, burritos and salads. they had beautiful cakes out at lunch with an attendant slicing, which we liked so not everyone was touching everything. We would have liked this station opened after dinner because the cakes were that GOOD. Is the ship on the older side without the bells and whistles of the newer ship, did some of the booths have material that was faded or ripped a bit, yes, but again, we new what we were booking and the most important thing to us was GOOD service, GOOD food and a GOOD cabin and we had all of that on this ship!

ENJOYABLE cruise

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by NJPAMDcruiser

NJPAMDcruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8D
Loved the size of our cabin, loved the size of our balcony (newer ships have made balconies so small) this was a great size. Room Steward was fantastic EDZEL, Room was clean, beds comfortable and carpet and room seemed on the newer side.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins