• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Ruby Princess to Australia & New Zealand
Cailean
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Oceanview (obstructed view)
Traveled with children
This is a picture of one of the crappy chairs that my wife and I sat on dur
Typical leather chairs in Crown Grill, sadly my wife and I didn't have

My wife and I are regular Princess cruisers and as we have been on the Diamond and Emerald we thought it would be good to compare the Ruby with them. It was also a good idea to get away for a weekend on a cruise line we were comfortable with. Overall it was a good time away, if you don't mind torrential rain and huge swells ( I love them). Three things annoyed us though:

1. Day One, headed to the atrium for a coffee and find the DJ doing his level best to destroy what little is left of our hearing. Why is it necessary to play music so loud that it is not possible to converse with anyone without yelling or using a megaphone? Not everyone wants to suffer from tinnitus by the end of the cruise.

2. Dining Rooms. Why bother to put up a sign outlining a dress code and then ignore it. The standard of dress in dining rooms has really dropped off lately.

Oceanview (obstructed view)

The cabin was good. Spacious and all furniture and fittings in good order. An additional chair would have been good. Two passengers = two chairs.

3 Helpful Votes