Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by VincesDeeDee

• Sail Date: Aug 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 6

I am very late giving this ship/cruise a review. I’m planning another cruise and remember now how important these reviews are when deciding what ship/cruise to take.

This was my first Celebrity cruise. I’ve been on all the others except for HAL. We expected Celebrity to be a bit more upscale than Princess, NCL, and RC. It was about the same, but that was okay. The crowd was a little older which I didn’t mind, but at dinner I didn’t feel like I had much in common with the passengers that we dined with. There were very few children probably because schools were back in session. The few kids I saw seemed bored.

We had dinner one night at Qsine and it was one of the best meals I’ve had on a cruise ship. If you’re okay with spending the extra $$, I highly recommend Qsine. Be sure to make reservations at the main dining room, especially the first few nights. Otherwise, you’ll wait for a table unless you go really early or late (~9 pm).

My only objection to the Millennium was that the Oceanview Café didn’t open real early or stay open very late. We are on Central Standard Time, which meant I was wandering around the ship at 5:00 am. I don’t think the café opened until 7-7:30 am, and it closes during in-between meal times, so don’t expect to get a snack ~3 pm or a glass of tea. That was a little frustrating. The aft bar was the only bar open late unless you want to go to the Cosmos Lounge or the interior club-like bars. We got the beverage package which was worth much more to me than Wi-Fi or any other add-on.

The theater was crowded as it is with every ship. I really dislike that because I typically like the shows, but there never seems to be a place to sit unless I go 30-45 min. early, and my companion will never do that. Our preferred dining schedule always seems to interfere with the shows. I came in after the Beatles cover band started and I almost thought the Beatles had become alive again. It was a great show for those who liked the band.

This was my first time to Alaska and it really is the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. A review of Alaska could go on forever so I’ll just say that you should be the most adventurous as you possibly can. All cruise lines try to convince the passengers that they must purchase excursions through them in order to guarantee you'll be back on the ship in time. That is absolutely not true and Alaska was no different. You can book the same excursions directly with the tour operators for less, and barring a huge catastrophe they'll get you back to the ship on time. The people depend heavily on tourism so they are not going to risk getting a poor review from some cruise passenger who missed the ship while on their excursion. We had a wonderful time every minute we were ashore.

VincesDeeDee's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View 6

We had an ocean view cabin without a balcony/veranda. The cabin took the space of a veranda so it was very large. It was a surprise to have such a large room.

Juneau

We did Juneau on our own. We found a bus to Mendenhall Glacier near the dock.

Seward

We took the Celebrity bus from Anchorage to Seward. Recent wildfires made it hard to see the scenery and the smell was awful in Seward. Once the ship left, the smell was gone.

Whale Watching

Awesome! Humpback whales were very active. They are beautiful creatures.

View All 161 Whale Watching Reviews
Zodiac Boat

Saw beautiful bald eagles - a lot of fun.

View All 34 Zodiac Boat Reviews