• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

VincesDeeDee
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Aug 2019
Cabin: Ocean View 6

I am very late giving this ship/cruise a review. I’m planning another cruise and remember now how important these reviews are when deciding what ship/cruise to take.

This was my first Celebrity cruise. I’ve been on all the others except for HAL. We expected Celebrity to be a bit more upscale than Princess, NCL, and RC. It was about the same, but that was okay. The crowd was a little older which I didn’t mind, but at dinner I didn’t feel like I had much in common with the passengers that we dined with. There were very few children probably because schools were back in session. The few kids I saw seemed bored.

We had dinner one night at Qsine and it was one of the best meals I’ve had on a cruise ship. If you’re okay with spending the extra $$, I highly recommend Qsine. Be sure to make reservations at the main dining room, especially the first few nights. Otherwise, you’ll wait for a table unless you go really early or late (~9 pm).

Ocean View 6

We had an ocean view cabin without a balcony/veranda. The cabin took the space of a veranda so it was very large. It was a surprise to have such a large room.

Port Reviews

Juneau

We did Juneau on our own. We found a bus to Mendenhall Glacier near the dock.

Seward

We took the Celebrity bus from Anchorage to Seward. Recent wildfires made it hard to see the scenery and the smell was awful in Seward. Once the ship left, the smell was gone.

Find a Celebrity Millennium Cruise from $429