Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by exharlow

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class Stateroom with Veranda

There were 6 of us on this cruise and we chose the Edge as we all wanted to see the latest and greatest in the Celebrity Fleet. Overall, we all gave this a thumbs up! I am going from memory here as I should have written this when I returned, so there's no particular order in which I am writing things.

Lots of pluses and only a couple of negatives.

Food was great. Probably the best we've had in a main dining room on any ship. There were 4 choices of dining rooms, and the theme on the menus was pretty similar but each restaurant had one part of the menu that would be just for that restaurant. We felt that the Normandie had the most choices we all likes so we opted to go there 5 of the 7 nights and got the same table each time with the same great staff.

The selection in the oceanview buffet was superb. Went there mostly for lunch. The array of Indian food every day was great. I liked the 'can do' attitude of staff as I particularly like hot curries and the choices they had were not quite hot enough for my taste so the chef made me a dish just for me that was definitely more to my taste buds. On disembarkation day, we went for breakfast in the oceanview and thought it would be the usual 'zoo' but on the contrary. It was calm, plenty of space and the food was again great. I had poached eggs that were cooked perfectly.

We also need to give a shout out to the wonderful pizza makers who churned out consistently hot, great tasting pizza all the time. We liked to drink at the sunset bar after coming back on board from a days excursions and were usually peckish, so just down the stairs through the doors is the pizza area. As there were 6 of us, the guys would make our own just for us, fresh out the oven. Delicious.

Service was noticeably on point, at every level. You did not get any negativity, only big smiles and a helpful attitude. We all noticed this and were all very impressed with this.

Internet worked great, all the time, which is a first.

We purchased a GoPro while on board as we had a decent on board credit. We didn't expect to get the level of expertise from the person working in the photo dept that we did. Even after a couple of days usage and we were confused by some of its functions, we went back, got someone different who was equally as knowledgeable and walked us through all the steps. That was impressive to us.

Embarkation was a doddle.. A well oiled machine for sure. Took a matter of minutes and we were on board. Disembarkation was also well organized.

Loved the concept of the magic carpet. We were always fortunate to be able to find space for us in there. Its a really nice location to sit and watch the outside world especially during sunset.

We were in Concierge class C3 & our cabin was well designed with lots of storage areas. The AC worked great, which can be a pet peeve of ours. The shower was super, so much bigger than the average one, plenty of space to put all your toiletries. There were 'plumbing' issues though, namely the loo wouldn't flush on a couple of occasions. This is obviously because someone in another cabin threw something down there that they shouldn't have and inconvenienced everyone else. Annoying, but this isn't Celebrity's fault.

We didn't really go to any of the entertainment except the comedian I think on the last night. I believe though he repeated the exact same jokes from his previous appearance so a lot of people walked out early on which was uncomfortable to see as it wasn't that full to begin with.

The one negative that we all agreed on was the infinity window in our veranda staterooms. Big disappointment. I personally would not choose this again & would ensure we got a proper balcony. We would happily sail on the Edge again though. Main reason I didn't like it is because a lot of the time, during outside maintenance (window cleaning etc), the windows would be locked out so you couldn't open them. Then when you could open them, unless you wanted to have a steamed up room in no time, you had to use the doors that separate the room from the tiny "balcony". It became more of a hassle than anything, though my husband loved the technology behind the windows and was really impressed with how they worked.

The other smaller negative was the dining experience we had at Rooftop Garden Grill. The setting is wonderful and if the weather had been better, we may not have any negative comments. But it was so windy, and I mean glasses with wine in being blown over, that it became unbearable. We had to be moved from one location as it was out of control and the new location was only slightly better. My sister in law has long hair and she ended up having mouthfuls of hair each time she tried to eat as the wind was whipping it up all over the place. I just feel that they either need to cancel reservations during super windy evenings, or have better wind protection in place to help with the overall dining experience.

So the bottom line is its a great ship, with a really cool vibe and fun atmosphere and I for one would definitely go back on her.

exharlow's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Class Stateroom with Veranda

The bath robes are HUGE. Not sure about the one size fits all, you'd have to be pretty big for this to fit you.

Soo much fun. Highly recommend this. We had a blast!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Scuba Diving

Weather wasn't that great, so I didn't enjoy it but they were super decent and refunded my money as a result. I would definitely go back because of this.

View All 15 Scuba Diving Reviews
Stingray Swim

A must see for anyone who comes to Grand Cayman. Wonderful creatures in their natural habitat, not enclosed in some gimmicky pen area for a tacky show for the public. Loved this.

View All 795 Stingray Swim Reviews
Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party

Great private boat trip just for the 6 of us. We loved it.

View All 84 Deluxe Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party Reviews