3. Sky Princess
Medallion embarkation was seamless and once on board I used it as I would a regular cruise card and did not care to use any of the whiz bang tech features. I had loyalty minutes for wifi access and the medallion wifi was fast - but I had trouble getting it to stop a couple of times and the meter kept running. The internet cafe staff restored my minutes and said it was a system issue. The ship is beautiful and I really enjoyed using the seating areas around the piazza in the evenings. I did not and would not use the for-fee dining areas around the piazza because of passenger traffic and noise. I did try Alfredo's (free) since it has some clear dividers between the corridor and the tables - however the pizza was soggy and it was much better on the Melanoma Deck pizzaria. Speaking of Melanoma Deck, the chair hogs were out in full force before dawn most mornings, using big clips to fasten their towels to the chair and adding an old flip flop, hat, or magazine to complete their nest. I would see those loungers "reserved" for hours on end with no action by the deck staff. Loungers were hard to come by on sea days with about half of them occupied and the others "reserved". I only used the MDR for lunch and used the buffet for breakfast and dinner. The Horizon Court was the best design I've encountered on Princess. It was very open, easy to see what the various stations were offering, and I was always able to find a table. The tables pre-set with coffee mugs and juice glasses creeped me out when I saw that they were not removed if they appeared to be unused once somebody left the table and at one breakfast I saw several coffee mugs and glasses left on a table for four different occupants. Who knows if someone sneezes or plays with the extra drinkware? ALL unused drinkware should be removed once the table is occupied. I complained to one of the supervisors and he said it was corporate policy that the drinkware be pre-set on the tables for breakfast. After my first breakfast when I found out what the practice was, I served myself coffee at the beverage station. The lack of the wrap around promenade and the library were two big misses for me. There is the remnants of the old style promenade at the rear of the ship with few deck chairs, and luckily the chair hogs did not discover them on my cruise and I could usually find one available. If you want to read while you cruise, load up your Kindle or bring your own. Paperbacks were so dear that the chair hogs used magazines instead of paperbacks to mark their territory - probably for fear of losing their paperback to chair pirates. The production shows were over-amplifed so I left rather than lose any more of my hearing and instead enjoyed the other music venues around the ship - the Crown Grill bar, Prinncess Live, Take Five. Cannot say enough good about the captain and crew. The captain was the most visible captain I have ever seen - he appeared to be out and about constantly. The crew were all eager to serve and smiling, except the guy at the grill on the Melanoma Deck who seemed to have a perpetual scowl. Maybe he doesn't like cooking hamburgers all day. All in all, a beautiful ship, excellent food, excellent service.

Hits and Misses But Overall I Liked It

Sky Princess Cruise Review by SargassoPirate

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

All in all, a beautiful ship, excellent food, excellent service.
SargassoPirate’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sky Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin ID
I booked a small interior on purpose and spent little time there. I worked fine for a single passenger, but I have no idea how two people could co-habitate unless they take turns.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins