3. MSC Orchestra
I chose this cruise based on the advertisements and need for a holiday. The idea of a cruise is great and all that it promises but it seems idea has fallen through the cracks and this now has become transport to Mozambique Island and back to pick up another lot take it back and bring it back and no longer about making each trip an experience the passengers will never forget. Remember that in the ship there are those that are going for the first time and those that have done it many times and for each of these people it should be an unforgettable experience and not just a trip. For an example for some reason the embarkation was delayed by a good 2 hours which we couldn't catch up on and that became a ripple effect because some of us just touched the island and we had to come back to the boat as the time was not enough for the offshore experience. even the food in the island was not enough for everyone. I personally had to wait for 3 hours to go to the island and by the time I got there it was time to come back no food and no ice-cream even the music had died meaning no longer fun. and some people were already queuing to go back. That day for me was Just wasted and for many other people that I spoke to. Coming back to the the boat the dining for dinner was not good either, we had to wait for an hour to get the main course and the waiter told us everyone had to wait.... my advise is to announce for people to go for buffet if that particular sitting is full. Otherwise in general the ship was clean at all times, cabin as well and the service was good from housekeepers to waiters. Entertainment and activities were also good but could improve. One of the friends I made told me some things are repeated or similar so he is never coming again. I traveled with a friend and we are planning to come back and hopefully to a cruise experience and not a cruise trip. The disembarkation back in Durban was easy and quick which was good because I was tired but I still cant help but think this was on purpose so that the cruise could be ready for another trip on Monday. This makes me think the cruise is selling a trip to the Portuguese Island and not a cruise experience. One of the staff members even told us in confidence that the ship would travel through the night and stop closer or cruise slower when approaching to Durban so that we can get there early enough to disembark and take the the next trip avoid delays.:-( we did get to Durban at 04:00. Please consider to stick to the idea of selling an experience and not a trip because a trip I could do by flight. Again it might be a routine to the staff but give me an experience of my life whether it is my first cruise, my second or my third. It was average and I am hopeful hence I will be going back.

Almost great experience but A trip

MSC Orchestra Cruise Review by ndileka

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Africa

It was average and I am hopeful hence I will be going back.
ndileka’s Full Rating Summary