3. Sky Princess
We just got off this beautiful new ship last Saturday after 7 day Western Caribbean trip. The new medallion class was great. Both embarkation and disembarkation went so smoothly. We loved that now you can put your hand luggage in your room right when you get there even if the room is not completely cleaned yet. Gave us the freedom to roam and admire the new ship and its beauty. The problems a lot of people have mentioned have been remedied. I will attempt to give you my opinion. We have done 23 cruises, mostly on Princess. We found this ship to be what we look for cruising. It does not cater to children and very few were on the ship. The median age I would guess is 50. We did see a few younger people but mostly older adults. Our cabin was a mini suite mid ship and was beautiful, spacious and nicely decorated. The bathroom with a bathtub was larger than most we have been on. The bed was very comfortable. Our cabin Steward Ken was great, he came in, cleaned and got out when we were not there like a ninja! We found the food, especially in the buffet where there was some negative reviews to be HOT and flavorful. The choices were great and finding a table at peak hours was not as bad as I thought it might be. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I did find it a bit strange that they did not push sanitizer like most ships. They had the sanitizer there if you wanted to use it and they have the sinks for washing, but I felt they were not pushing it in light of what is going on with all these viruses, I felt a harder push would have been present. NCL has someone there with a spray bottle and hits everyone that walks thru the door plus the washing sinks. The restaurants were great. Nice choices for food, hot and well presented.We had anytime dining and did not feel the wait was too bad. We went around 6;00 every night, got a beeper went and got a drink and it was maybe 30 minutes. We did not get to see the two main shows regretfully. The 1st show was SuperBowl Sunday which was also Formal night. Princess really messed that up!!!! To have the show and formal night on the biggest football game of the year was a misstep on their part. The other show we did not make as we were exhausted after a long day on shore. I felt the other shows, comdedians, were lacking and was disappointed. This was the 1st time I can say Princess did not have a good line up of entertainment. Also, I think the theater is smaller than on the other ships and you really had to get there 45 minutes at least to get a seat. The game shows with the staff were fun and entertaining. The casino is the smallest I have seen on any of the ships. Don't know what they were thinking. Lots of pool chairs all around the ship and we did not find it hard to get one although we are up and at the pool to get chairs by 8:00. The Captain was walking around all the time and his messages were entertaining with a "Bye Bye" all the time. Everyone thought him to be very funny. The excursions were good. Choices were good. We went cave tubing in Belize which was a lot of fun. Not too strenuous and once in the cave very relaxing. Would recommend. We did go thru Viator tours for our Cozumel excursion which was a cooking class. It was the highlight of our trip. SO much fun and the place they took us was beautiful and a great way to spend the whole day. It was a water park as well so before/after your class you can spend the day with an open bar. The food we cooked was wonderful and our chef "Moises" was funny, talented and knowledgeable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! We booked this ship again for Feb. 2021 for a 10 day cruise. That's how much we enjoyed it.

A beautiful ship, great food!

Sky Princess Cruise Review by djtx2

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean

djtx2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sky Princess price drops

• Cave-Tubing
    Loved it. Great way to spend a hot day in Belize. Was relaxing and the caves were beautiful.
    View All 344 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Mayan Village and Beach
    Took a cooking class. Booked thru Viator.com Best thing we did. Lots of fun, great food, open bar included, transportation included. Highly recommend.
    View All 60 Mayan Village and Beach Reviews
  • Stingray Swim
    Lots of boats out there and current is strong so you should expect it to be a bit difficult to get to where you can stand and actually interact with the stingrays
    View All 749 Stingray Swim Reviews