3. Sky Princess
Actually I was on the Sky in December with my husband and friends for the inaugural cruise and then the seven night western Caribbean directly after that. We were invited to the naming ceremony and it was very impressive. The ship is really beautiful. The soft blues, greys and creams were a welcome color palette. The new comfy furniture on the pool deck was terrific and there was always plenty of seating whether at sea or in port. The rooms were well done although the extra chair has been removed. Thank goodness the old shower curtains have been replaced with great ones that do not stick to your body. The staff were so friendly and so much fun. The food was as ever very good and plentiful. there was always something for everyone's taste. The main dining rooms were laid out nice and nothing was cramped or close together. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere. But I must say that what really makes this ship special is its captain. Boy if they could only clone him. Captain Michele "Bye Bye" Tuvo is a gem. He is so funny, kind, genuine, warm and very good at his job. He can "park a ship" like nobody I've ever seen. He walks through the dining venues every morning and talks to the passengers, and then you see,him sometimes during the afternoon or evening. I got to know him on the December cruise when I hosted a meet and greet and he attended and stayed the entire hour - entertaining us the entire time. Then when I saw him on this cruise he remembered me and my name - made my trip. He is quite a guy for sure. Princess is lucky to,have him as Imheard many passengers remark at the end of the cruise that he made the cruise. And he did! The entertainment was good, although the one production number 5Skies was quite something, I don't think it was the right appeal,for the age demographic onboard. The Rockopera was great. As with most ship theaters there just isn't enough seating so in order to get a decent seat you have to get there an hour ahead of the show. People were turned away because there weren't enough seats. There is plenty of seating all around the ship and lots of nooks and places to hang out. The onboard entertainment - singers and bands - was great. I do miss Crooners and wish they would bring it back as well as happy hour. Alfredos has been revamped on its layout and is a bit more casual and has added outdoor seating but the pizza is fabulous. There was always a crowd but the wait was never too bad and worth the wait. We took a few of the ship excursions and they were great. It was nice knowing we were covered in case of a late return to themship. A lot of,those islands have poor infrastructure and you never know how things are going to go. Rather pay a few extra dollars and know I'm covered. The medallion thing worked out so easy and great. Check in was so fast and efficient. We were on the ship in nothing flat. We used the compass to find each other throughout the cruise and it worked really great. Then when we disembarked, boy is it easy. You walk up to,a screen and if it recognizes you then you are done. No customs agents and long lines. So quick and efficient. We had a terrific, fabulous, wonderful time both in December and again in January. We are booked on two 10 night cruises next year on the Sky. Hope Bye Bye will be there!

Fabulous two week cruise

Sky Princess Cruise Review by CQG67

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed view)

CQG67’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sky Princess price drops

Balcony (obstructed view)
Cabin BW
Cabins were roomy and beautifully decorated and ac was nice and cold. Obstructed view is kind of misleading as nothing Blocked our view and we had the extra large funky shaped balconies. We love the convenience of the area and like to be midship. We are booked in same area next year.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins