3. Norwegian Sun
We did a late Dec cruise, hoping to enjoy a little pre Christmas celebration. My husband, adult daughter and I got a " black Friday" special and snagged an inside cabin for 3 for a great rate. I don't really LIKE inside cabins, but it was a pretty last minute booking so I was happy just to go! Embarkation: We live in Florida so it was hop, skip and jump to Port Canaveral. We parked in Cocoa Beach and got a shuttle to the port. We were onboard the ship in no time and able to get into our cabins right away. Luggage was delivered quickly! Cabin: We were on Deck 6 - sort of.... it was a little hall way between Decks 6 & 7 ( you had access via Deck 7) and we had a little trouble finding our room. But once we did, we were happy to have a quiet hallway, tucked away from most of the other long passenger hallways. Our room steward, Bryan was wonderful and greeted us multiple times a day, always there to help in any way. Our little room had TONS of storage, and even had USB ports next to each bed. ( LOVE THIS!) The sofa bed my daughter slept on was too small, a taller person's legs would have drooped over the bed... but she managed. I'd prefer an outside cabin in the future. Bars: We didn't buy any packages ( the drink package is WAY too expensive) and I don't like the rule that you can't bring bottles of wine on board without a corkage fee, so we really watched our pennies in the bars since drinks were VERY pricey. ( This was a budget cruise for us!) We spend a good bit of time in Bliss, the Windjammer bar and the Spinnaker ( at the top of the ship) but mostly playing games or watching karaoke. Dining: The MDR's were ok. Food was nothing special. Service was.... well it really varied from night to night. One particular night it was SO SO rocky, that a lot of the passengers and crew were very sea sick, so after a few free sea sick pills from Guest Services and a healthy dose of gingerale we ventured to an empty dining room and had fabulous service. Other nights it was hit or miss with service depending on how crowded the dining room was. We never had to wait for a table, but did have to wait for entrees. There are certain choices on the menu every night so if you didnt like the evening's options there was always a steak or pasta available. ( but no lobster or escargot to my disappointment) Ports.... yes we were trying to get to Cozumel the day the 2 ships had a collision, but since we could only tender, and all tenders were canceled, we turned around and headed for home, enjoying an extra sea day ( and free rum punch at the pool) Costa Maya was cold, and we stayed on some lounge chairs near the pool at the port, but were pestered about ordering something. I had 1 drink, and my husband got a coke, but we were told to order more. I declined and they left us alone. My daughter did the Mayan Healing Ritual and loved it. We have been to both ports before in better weather. On board activities: Most of the trip it was too cold to enjoy the pool and with no "adult only" area, we were subjected to lots of kids. But there was plenty to do inside. We loved the extensive library, and all the trivia games- Paul, one of the activities staff kept us laughing with his dry sense of humor! Overall, the activities staff was great and full of energy! Gym was ok, and I wish that we could use the sauna/ steam room without having to book the whole thermal package. We saw the two main shows- talent was outstanding, and it was never a problem getting a seat. I love that Norwegian does a welcome and an overview of all the shows the first night, and then highlights all of its crew the last night, especially those hardworking washy-washy folks! Overall, inspire of bad weather, rocky seas and a tough of seasickness we had a fun and relaxing cruise and can't wait to sail with NCL again!

Seas were rough, but what a blast!

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by FairyGodmother55

FairyGodmother55’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Inside cabin in a " hidden " hall way. (6A- between 6 & 7- don't ask me how that worked!) Small, but lots of storage. Sofa bed was too small for a normal adult to sleep on comfortably.
  Norwegian Sun Deck Plans