• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Costa Pacifica Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Pasta & Pizza, with hoards of children!!!

Review for Costa Pacifica to the Eastern Mediterranean
Broadsword
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2010
Cabin:

My wife and I have cruised with Costa before so we knew before embarking in Barcelona what to expect.This cruise company offer a well packaged holiday particularly for families with children, Pacifica was no different with lots and lots of them.This was accompanied with the usual loud music so you can imagine the subsequent noise levels, and tough if you are a light sleeper!!

Barcelona is one of the better ports to join a ship as it is very accessible but unfortunately we had the ongoing problem of volcanic dust with our flight having been cancelled, so a hasty plan B was initiated! Can I make a special mention to Maria at Costa customer services for arranging alternative flights when all others abandoned us at Edinburgh Airport,if not for Maria we would not have caught the sail away at 7pm.

Our balcony cabin on deck 6 had adequate storage,spacious and was well appointed with a large comfortable Queen-sized bed. I was a bit disappointed with the clingy shower curtain you have a wrestle with when showering. There was also those awful shampoo/body wash on the shower wall along with those small bars of soap.I thought that this was not in keeping with this grade of cabin or even the age of this ship which is just a year old.

Port Reviews

Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

Did not really have enough time on this island to really appreciate its highlights. Left at 1 pm !! Have been many times before so we relaxed on the ship.

Tunis (La Goulette)

Did not enjoy this port at all and felt very ucomfortable! I think it is advisable to take a ships tour. We decided to walk into the town centre from the ship which took around 15 minutes. it does have a resonable sea front promenade with some small restaurants to stop and have a coffee, but be warned there are no prices on display and you will be ripped off. I got the feeling that the cost was made up on the hoof that they could get away with!! I am embarrassed to admit it but we were charged over 5 euros for 2 regular coffee`s!!! Out of curiosity we checked out the prices in a local hotel for a coffee and surprisingly that just over the 2 dinars { around a pound } Would not rush back!!!

Malta (Valletta)

Our most favourite Island Malta,where Britain meets Italy meets North Africa from the history of the walled capital city Valleta to the quaint bus which transports you around the island. Malta has a long and association with britain, drive on the left and Valleta had a great strategic importance. During world War 2 its heroic resistance to air siege and bombardment led to the award of the Georgre Cross. If History is not your thing then Gozo and Comino are smaller islands which can be reached by ferry and is well worth a visit.

Find a Costa Pacifica Cruise from $1,376