3. MSC Divina
This was my first MSC cruise. I booked this cruise because it was a great deal for a balcony room. I did my homework and not only read the reviews, but also watched numerous YouTube videos that people had produced. Having booked 2 balcony rooms 12147 & 12149 at such a great price, we thought that if the reviews were correct and the cruise was so bad, then we would just remain on our balconies and enjoy the sea. We thought that if we go in to the cruise with very low expectations, we would get excited at the smallest things that brought us happiness. Let me begin with the embarkation, this I will give a bad review, The line was out the door and once inside, we waited in a long snake around line. Then after that line, we went upstairs and waited in another line to get our room cards. The whole process probably took around 2 hours. Yes, I would have preferred being on the ship and enjoying the food, but I was standing in line. Fortunately, we found people all around us to talk to while we were waiting and found that most of the travelers had also booked a MSC cruise for the first time. I don't know what is a good time to go, but we were there by 12:35. Once on the ship, we were blown away by the beauty of the ship. It is soooo beautiful. The buffet area goes from mid all the way to the back of the ship. The ship always smelled clean, and not with a bad chemical smell, it was very pleasant. So beautiful! We got in our room right away and loved that we could open the balcony door and the door inside the room to connect the two cabins. The cabin was bigger than most cruise ships that I have been on. The balcony was much smaller with only chairs and no loungers. The bed was very comfortable! I have back problems and sleep in a special bed at home and I never had a problem with the bed hurting my back. We unpacked our suitcases and there was plenty of room to store them in the closet. The TV was very small and there were not very many channels to watch, but we weren't there to watch TV. The movies were all $7 to rent which I found excessive. So we didn't watch any movies. There are 2 electrical outlets by the vanity for 110 and 2 for 220. Several reviews mentioned bringing a power strip and I didn't, I should have. We bought one in Puerto Rico, our first stop. I had a plug that couldn't be plugged in to the wall because the mirror was too close to the outlet and my plug as too big. Take a power strip. The bathroom was just as everyone mentioned. Everyone mentioned that they were upset that they ran out of toilet paper before and that there were no tissues in the room. There were tissues in our room and we never ran out of toilet paper. Our cabin steward was amazing. He had our room clean all the time! The dinning room was beautiful, the food was not so great. If you want specialty food that you would normally receive on a cruise ship, you had to pay for it. The NY strip was on the menu everyday so we could get that. The first wait staff we had was underwhelming and we felt as if they figured it out because after 2 days, we new ones that were great. You can still order as many dishes as you like. My husband one night ordered all of the starters and 2 entrees and 2 deserts. He was so full. You do have to pay for anything to drink other than water, juice, coffee. They had a nice Italian night performance one night that we really enjoyed. The buffet is just that, a buffet. It reminded me of being at Golden Coral but with a lot more people. The only difference was that it was always kept clean and there was such a great variety all the time. I am a very low sugar eater and I never had a problem finding plenty to eat. We also never had any problems finding a table. I took the advice that someone shared to have someone go and find a table and wait while the others are getting food. This works well. We finally figured out that there is always plenty of seating all the way at the back of the ship so that is were we ate at the buffet. They have pizza and sandwiches all night! So after the show, we would head up for a late night snack before heading to any bars for entertainment. The shows.....the entertainers are very very talented! The singers and dancers were amazing. However; by the last night, I had had enough of the same people doing basically the same thing just with a different flavor. They had so much to do everywhere, everyday. When we stopped at a couple ports, we didn't even get off the ship, we checked out the ship while everyone was gone. It was great. The ports, they were just ok. The main issue we had was that we were not in any port very long to do much. By the time we got off the ship, we only had a couple hours to do something. It would have been nice to have a whole day in port. Disembarkation was a breeze! They have such a great system set up to get people off without everyone crowding everyone. I felt the people at the terminal working were not friendly at all, both getting on and getting off, but welcome to Miami. I will not sail from Miami again. Rude people everywhere. My final words. We have lived in Europe and would move back to Europe any day if given the chance. A lot of the comments that I read, people said that the Europeans on the ship were very rude and that the ship didn't cater to Americans. I felt the Europeans were way nicer to us than the Americans and we ARE american. I also felt that the cruise staff did a very good job catering to Americans. Watching some of the Americans around the ship made me embarrassed to be one. I loves hearing all of the different languages and felt very comfortable around everyone, even the ones wearing very little on the pool deck. We all loved getting to know so many people from different countries. Such nice people. Once more thing, you can go on a cruise thinking that everything will be all bad and let everything make you feel that this is the worse cruise ever, because only you can decide to have fun and enjoy it. Anyone can pick something apart and find fault in everything, but it is not MSC's fault. They have a class act ship and a class act crew and we can't wait to go on our next MSC cruise.

See for yourself!