Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Jnchoward

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

I traveled with my family of 6 and two other families for a total of 7 adults and 10 kids ages 3-13. We found the embarkation process quick and easy. Our rooms were comfortable (our family had adjoining rooms) with plenty of storage space - be sure to check under the sofa for two big drawers. Our room steward - Ma'Mun - was friendly and attentive. I was surprised to discover that he knew our names by day two! Our kids enjoyed the free room service for nightly milk and cookies (free until 10 pm).

We dined at 6 pm each evening in the Blush dining room. We had 2 rounds tables and most nights, allowed our kids to take over one table. Our waitstaff (Leslie) went over and beyond to provide superb service to us all. They were very friendly, helpful and patient with the kids.The kids enjoyed acting like big people by placing their own orders and had fun chatting with each other. They loved 'Showtime!' and dancing with the waitstaff.

It was fun trying new food, and the chocolate melting cake and baked Alaska were fabulous!

My favorite entertainment was watching the violin trio Black Diamonds. They were fantastic!

Our cruise director Nono was awesome! One of my grandaughters had an opportunity to chat with her and was thrilled to do so.

The military event was special and a nice touch. There were three WW II vets on board!

Our port of call experiences were enjoyable, again, the off and on boarding process was smooth.

Pirate pizza and the self serve ice cream were huge hits with the kids. The burger I had at Guy's was delicious!

Our kids spent a ton of time in the Waterworks, ropes course and sports areas. Our grandaughters loved participating in Build a Bear ($40). I did peek into the fitness area - it was surprisingly nice, outfitted with many treadmills, ellipticals and stationary bikes.

My only disappointment and complaint is that the smoke from smoking areas permeated most of the ship. Smoking was allowed only n the casino inside the ship, but wafted out into the atrium ad shopping areas. More ventilation is desperately needed. Also, the amount of outside smoking areas on deck 5 made walking the entire promenade unenjoyable by having to walk through smoke infested areas.

Although the daytime wait staff were quick to clear tables, I did not see tables being wiped down enough. On the other hand, I did see staff wiping down hand rails on the pool deck during the day.

One thing I would do different next time (provided the smoking issue is addressed) is to forgo the Bubbles Package. I do not drink alcohol and did not drink enough pop to justify the expense. I drank no more than 10 sodas all week, sticking mainly to ice water. That amounted to roughly $30 for a Bubbles package that cost me $80. Water, coffee, tea (hot and iced), juices, lemonade and hot cocoa were all available, free and unlimited.

Bottom line - our family had a nice trip, but the smoke issue has to be fixed before we will book on the Breeze again.

Jnchoward's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View

Lots of storage space - two drawers under the sofa were a pleasant surprise. Not sure the two bath areas were necessary - but we did make use of both. Our steward - Ma'Mun - did a great job for us. Room service was quick.

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Music was hideously loud. Our kids would have much rather stayed on board to use the pool, Waterworks and pizza.

St. Thomas

The kids enjoyed the Sky Tram. I have been here once before - one of my favorite places. I like walking around town, but did not do so on this trip due to travelling with children. After doing the Tram they were ready to go back on board for pool and pizza.

Grand Turk

Two boats in port at the same time made for an extremely crowded beach. The kids had fun looking for shells and playing in the sand, but it was not for me.

San Juan

Another one of my favorite spots. The kids especially enjoyed the tour of the fort.

Jnchoward