• Newsletter

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View
Traveled with children

I traveled with my family of 6 and two other families for a total of 7 adults and 10 kids ages 3-13. We found the embarkation process quick and easy. Our rooms were comfortable (our family had adjoining rooms) with plenty of storage space - be sure to check under the sofa for two big drawers. Our room steward - Ma'Mun - was friendly and attentive. I was surprised to discover that he knew our names by day two! Our kids enjoyed the free room service for nightly milk and cookies (free until 10 pm).

We dined at 6 pm each evening in the Blush dining room. We had 2 rounds tables and most nights, allowed our kids to take over one table. Our waitstaff (Leslie) went over and beyond to provide superb service to us all. They were very friendly, helpful and patient with the kids.The kids enjoyed acting like big people by placing their own orders and had fun chatting with each other. They loved 'Showtime!' and dancing with the waitstaff.

It was fun trying new food, and the chocolate melting cake and baked Alaska were fabulous!

Deluxe Ocean View

Lots of storage space - two drawers under the sofa were a pleasant surprise. Not sure the two bath areas were necessary - but we did make use of both. Our steward - Ma'Mun - did a great job for us. Room service was quick.

Port Reviews

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata)

Music was hideously loud. Our kids would have much rather stayed on board to use the pool, Waterworks and pizza.

St. Thomas

The kids enjoyed the Sky Tram. I have been here once before - one of my favorite places. I like walking around town, but did not do so on this trip due to travelling with children. After doing the Tram they were ready to go back on board for pool and pizza.

Grand Turk

Two boats in port at the same time made for an extremely crowded beach. The kids had fun looking for shells and playing in the sand, but it was not for me.

San Juan

Another one of my favorite spots. The kids especially enjoyed the tour of the fort.

4 Helpful Votes