• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

JeffroK
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Nov 2019
Cabin:

After feedback from a work colleague my wife & I decided to splash out and go on a cruise. As we loved NZ we decided to g back there and so decided on a 14 day cruise in mid November 2019 on the Maj!

IMVHO, dont cruise if you want to see NZ, you only scratch at the surface, It was a relaxing and somewhat slow cruise and you could get off at the various stops and see a bit of the country.

After a reasonably efficient boarding, you get used to "Hurry up & Wait!" we entered our home for the next 2 weeks. It was everything I'd expected from the umpteen videos I had watched and we found our way to our mini suite R519 on deck 14. The mini suite had plenty of room for the 2 of us, yes the bathroom is a bit tight but I didnt plan to spend too much time there. The extra room provided a spacious area with a sofa, coffee table & desk which where much more useful.

Port Reviews

Dunedin

Walked around Port Chalmers, nice little village.

Akaroa

Walked around town, beautiful little ville.

Tauranga

Tour cancelled, caught complimentry bus into Tauranga, not much, nice town. On return we walked into Maunganui and had a delicious lunch. Nice Day.

Bay of Islands

5 star before leaving the ship!!

Walked around Paihia before getting the Ferry to Russell. More walking before a great meal at the Duke of Marlborough Hotel and retracing our steps to the ship.

10 Helpful Vote