3. Viking Akun
St. Petersburg takes a bare minimum of three days. It far surpasses Buckingham Palace, the Vatican, or the Luorve. It was absolutely jaw dropping. If you are on this website, it is a must do, and soon. Akun was very clean and well designed. Russia limits the ships, so it is not as fancy as Europe. Room was good, bath was small but well laid out. Food far exceeded what I expected. Russian specials so good I never ordered the always available items. It was a real treat. Bars and snacks were ok. Entertainment was in short supply. But we did not miss it. No casino or sales. Service was better than several ocean cruises we have taken. The boat only holds about 200 people, so everything is fast. The whole trip is as well done as you would expect from a Scananvian company. Easy to disembark, board busses, and see the sights. Well thought out and presented. Felt very safe everywhere. Strongly recommend home tours, school tour, and especially the night cruise in Moscow. St. Basils, at night, in the rain, is one of my all time favorite photos. River stops were better than I expected. A little "canned" but still entertaining. I was expecting to be bored by a series of small towns. Moscow is ok. Night cruise really made it shine. We use primarily Smithsonian, Tauck, Regent, and Viking.

Perfect in every way

Viking Akun Cruise Review by rslebmo

• Sail Date: September 2019
  • Destination: Russia River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Moscow is ok. Night cruise really made it shine.

We use primarily Smithsonian, Tauck, Regent, and Viking.
rslebmo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Akun price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin AX
Clean, comfortable, good bed, quiet, neat, smaller than ocean liner,
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins