3. Norwegian Dawn
I did the cruise end of January 2019, 11 day Caribbean cruise. This was my first cruise and I had no expectations. I had always been somewhat close minded about cruises thinking they were for people 55+ but, the itinerary was out of Puerto Rico, somewhere I always wanted to visit and have the opportunity to visit 10 Caribbean countries in 11 days was amazing! Embarkation and disembarkation we’re both quick and efficient. My suite was a ocean view stateroom. I had booked an interior and then bid for an upgrade and got it. The room was lovely, my room steward was very sweet and did towel animals and kept my room spotless. My room steward always remembered me by name and was always smiling. The layout of the cruise was very easy to navigate, every worker I interacted with was very kind and smiling. There was one host that was a huge Russian guy and he always looked grumpy but, I’d say hi to him various times through out the day and by day 2 he smiled. I booked excursions in every port and all went off without a hitch. All were a great way to see how beautiful each carribean country was. The only issue had was in Grenada I booked a waterfall trek that said it was a level 2 and, it was not. Elderly people and myself found it quite challenging and 2 people got hurt. I noted this and suggested it be a level 3 activity to the shore excursions manager and showed her photos why and she agreed and appreciated me nicely explaining it to her, she sent me chocolate covered strawberries to my cabin and every time she seen me would say hi and ask how I was doing the remainder of the cruise, so nice. I bought the additional dining package and ate at Cagneys, did the Teppenyaki and the Brazilian restaurants and all were lovely, and food was mouth watering. My favourite was the Teppenyaki because I liked the dinner and show. The entertainment was phenomenal, I went to every show every night and, the entertainment crew were extremely engaging and kind. They had a couple acrobats and it was amazing, the comedian was hilarious and although some of the dance shows were a little amateur, they got the crowd participating so, we were having fun none the less. The pool activities were lovely and although they only had one pool, I never had any issues getting a lounge chair or enjoying the pools or hot tubs. The shops on the ship had anything you’d need and lots you don’t but, nice none the less. They had events, prizes, raffles and discounted items every night so, it was fun to see what it would be every night. Got some super nice t-shirts for my husband at $7 a t-shirt, amazing! This cruise made me fall in love with cruising. There is no way for the price of a cruise you could see a quarter of what you’d see any other way. Amazing, would recommend and already have 2 more cruises booked!!

Cruise of a Lifetime