Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Dolce1989

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Went from NY to Bermuda and back aboard the Dawn. Embarkation they had many issues and we waited at the terminal for over 4hours. Disembarkation was a breeze. Was my 2nd time on the Dawn but, first time to Bermuda. I love the layout of the Dawn and the first time I went on the Dawn, January/February 2019 the staff were wonderful and, I had hoped to see some familiar faces however, it had been many months and I didn’t see any familiar faces sadly.

The weather out of NY was cold and the weather choppy, I used motion patches for the entire trip. The ship was cold for the entire time we were on route to Bermuda. Our room was an ocean view stateroom and it was clean and lovely. Our room was well taken care of however, we must have been under or near the air circulation for the Smokey casino as, we kept smelling smoke in our room and, it made my spouse and I both come down with very bad congestion and sinus infections and my husband is a smoker.

We were pleased with most of the food options, went typically to the garden cafe or O’Sheehans. Tried the Asian restaurant one night and both weren’t impressed and awoke mid night with stomach upset and visits to the restroom, didn’t go back to that restaurant.

The entertainment was great, attended something every evening. Did bingo and it was a bit pricey and we didn’t win but, had fun none the less. My husband did the poker tournament and it took an entire day but, he came in 2nd and made good money. I wanted to support him But the casino is so Smokey - yuck.

Our 2.5 days in Bermuda were bliss. We rented a Tazzari and drove the island stopping at beaches to snorkel and take photos of beautiful fish underwater. We jetskied off of the pier the next day and then walked to snorkel park beach to snorkel some more and walked around the fort/pier/shopping area and it was lovely.

The ride back again was cold and choppy. We absolutely loved the ship layout but have decided we would rather fly somewhere warm and leave from somewhere warm to go somewhere warm as the different changes in climates made us really sick for weeks upon our return. We loved Bermuda and the cruise was lovely too, great memories had.

Dolce1989's Full Rating Summary