Norwegian Sky Cruise Review

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Dolce1989

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Porthole Window

I was in 4219, the ocean view stateroom was fairly nice, minus the stained orange rather then grey carpet and broken chips on the sink area of what looked like someone tried carving into it with a sharp object, likely a knife. The person who tidied my room Kept it such except I didn’t like how he always left the toilet seat up and open. On a ship that moves and rocks I felt that was unhygienic. He also, when cleaning moved my stuff around and I am type one personality and very clean and minimalist and don’t leave things messy or out. He through out my water bottle at one point and a tiny pill bottle with, pills I had in it which, was super annoying.

The food in buffet and poolside area was always hamburgers and hotdogs and a trio of pasta salads never changing the entire 5 days. Breakfast in the garden cafe was chaos and would run out of everything immediately, no coffee, no milk for coffee or cereal, no eggs, no fruit, no bacon, etc.

Ate at the two restaurants requiring reservations that were complimentary and the food was very good in both. I ate at these two restaurants rotating daily as, the buffet got old fast being hamburgers, hot dogs and occasionally pizza. The service in the restaurants that you have to reserve that were complimentary started out with great service but by mid cruise took a steep decline.

When walking the cruise ship, I’d often get smells of raw sewage and noticed many doors were bloated as though there had been a flood or water issue, also noticed staining from water on carpets in the halls. The odour was terrible and got progressively worse throughout the 5 day cruise.

The people in the shops were lovely, the kindest on the ships. The entertainment crew were hot or miss as was the entertainment. The comedian was great, didn’t care for the magician, the stage acts of rock and roll and things of that sort seemed amateur at best but, killed a night as, what else would there be to do.

The casino reeked of cigarette and what was the worst is, you have to walk through it to get anywhere on the ship so, that sucked. The entire ship was actually laid out that you have to walk through bars, casinos and shops to always get to your destination which, is a great way to have them have people with no will power to spend money but, people who don’t have that issue and don’t like cigarette, it’s an issue.

All the stops on the way were beautiful. I did an excursion every cruise and loved every one. When walking back to the cruise in the Bahamas, the port area stunk like urine and was very rough, to say the least. Don’t care to go back. On Great Stirrup Caye I was really looking forward to doing the wave runner and it was canceled due to high winds which, was disappointing but, they promptly put the credit back on my account.

The cruise ship had water issues all throughout the cruise. It was actually turned off 2x with no prior warning and no information as to how long or when it would be turned back on. This was annoying to everyone so it seemed and the staff were equally annoyed as, every interaction I seen with guests asking about the water they were responded too rudely. The last night coming back from Stirrup Caye greasy and salty from a day at the beach and not having water, wasn’t fun.

The cruise I took with NCL Sky was a 5 day to the Bahamas from Miami and, it was offered at great prices but, with that being said, it brought cheap and trashy people aboard. There were people over drinking everywhere, vomiting in garbages and falling. The Newlywed show got cxld mid show as a couple were too drunk and arguing with the audience and the girl got up and fell because she was waaaaaay to drink which, should have been noted on the entertainment staff before picking them and a disappointment as, I look forward to that show. Also, during mr. sexy legs there was 20 young frat like guys and, when describing pool side what their ideal women was, with kids around, made me cringe, extremely unclassy and dreadful.

At one point there was a girl so drunk she was trying to go back to her room and just, couldn’t. I seen her struggling and, she was every attractive and seen two guys offer to assist her. Their intentions were sinister and I could tell immediately so, I pointed at them and my eyes and told them if that girl gets assaulted or makes a complaint of any kind, I remember what you both look like and the two bolted. Where was security and why was this girl along, with many of the above not cut off with alcohol?

Would I recommend this cruise again, no. I wanted to see more of the Bahama and glad I did but, I didn’t like the layout of the Sky and the type of guests they had on this cruise. The raw stench of sewage was terrible and the buffet was lack lustre.

Dolce1989's Full Rating Summary