• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

MSC Divina Review

Editor Rating
3 Awards

My first MSC cruise - would go again!

Review for MSC Divina to the Bahamas
NeedToVacation
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom

-- This was only the 3-night cruise to Freeport and Ocean Cay; back to Miami to disembark on January 31st. --

I chose it because the price was too good to pass up! I went solo this time, just to try out the MSC line and see their brand new private island, Ocean Cay.

I am Platinum with Carnival, and have sailed Royal Caribbean 3 times. MSC did the status match for me when I put in the request, so I am a Gold member with them. (Got a fruit basket, MSC logo gift, etc)

Balcony Stateroom

Very nice stateroom. Quiet - I didn't hear any noise, even though it is close to an elevator. Convenient location to the stairs / elevator. Can easily zip right up to the buffet, or down to the Main Dining Room.

** Could not even hear the thunder and pouring rain & strong wind outside with the balcony door closed. **

Good side to be on for the Lighthouse laser light show at Ocean Cay.

Port Reviews

Miami

Easy, convenient cruise port to fly in the night before, grab an airport hotel, and shuttle to port in morning.

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Walked around first to see which beach was least windy. Grabbed a burger & fries from food truck on island. Delicious! Swam out to one of the floating platforms. Water was COLD but so beautiful!! Took pictures of sunset over by the lighthouse. Watched light show from my balcony on ship. Awesome day! Will visit again.

Find an MSC Divina Cruise from $139