3. Allure of the Seas
Friends picked out the ship as they liked the amenities and timing. From the start they screwed up our room keys and dining arrangements. Keys to our room were missing. Other passengers had them and dropped them off at our room . Although our friends and us requested to be seated together we were assigned separate tables in different zones. It took quite a bit of scrambling and assistance from the maitre'de to be seated together for several nights. Generally the staff were pleasant. Had balcony cabin facing the boardwalk. Music and announcements were loud so don't expect to sleep in with this category of cabins. Cabin itself was fine. Unfortunately after the second day I probably had food poisoning. I know it wasn't norovirus as I am familiar with enteric illnesses working in Public Health. I was quarantined for 24 hours. I almost missed a tour because of a mix up between the clinic releasing me from quarantine and ship security. After all this inconvenience I received only $70 credit, although the cruise was more likely responsible . Credit to be used within one year is also a joke. Food was mediocre and the wait staff failed miserably in our friends dietary restrictions orders. Often food was late or never showed up. Rest of the ship was okay. Entertainment and activities were excellent and would only the reason I rated overall a three. Didn't take any shore excursions so can't comment. Private resort area on Haiti was average. Some desirable areas were overcrowded. San Juan was pleasant to stroll through. Took a private tour of Saint Martin. Very interesting despite the recovery needed after past hurricane damage.

Food Poisoning- Little compensation

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by victoriamate

Friends picked out the ship as they liked the amenities and timing.

From the start they screwed up our room keys and dining arrangements.

San Juan was pleasant to stroll through.

victoriamate’s Full Rating Summary