3. Carnival Magic
We got off the Magic 1 week ago, and we had an amazing time! We were on a 6-day sailing with stops in Nassau, Amber Cove, and Grand Turk. This was my third cruise, 2nd with Carnival. Embarkation was very smooth. We had a check-in time of 12:30-1. We stayed at the Rodeway Inn (decent place with a bar/restaurant) and took the free 10:00 shuttle to the cruise port. We arrived at about 10:30 and were on the ship at 11:30. Would have been sooner, but I had an issue with my Passport and had a hold-up at Guest services (maiden name on passport, married name on booking). There were no lines to wait in for us. We went to Guy's Smokehouse for lunch and hit up the Red Frog pub happy hour to stock our fridge for the week. Half-off beers and Carribean Cocktails. They let you keep the beers sealed! Our first stop was Nassau. We decided to walk around on our own and go check out the Queen's Staircase. It was about 6 blocks away, and it was kind of shady in places. Once we got there, it felt safe. It was a cool place to check out. There was a fort at the top of the hill we also walked around for free. It was about $1.50 to go inside. This was our least-favorite port. If we come here again, we will book an excursion or get a cab to a beach. The next day was a sea day. We ended up finding chairs at the main beach pool and hung out there for most of the day. If you leave your chair unattended, they place a sticker on your stuff with a time on it. After 45 minutes, they remove your stuff. Our next stop was Amber Cove, and we loved it! The port is beautiful. We did the 27 Damajuaga Waterfall/Zipline Combo excursion. We booked on Black Friday weekend, so it was 10% off. We had an absolute blast! For the waterfalls, dress ready to go. We wore swimsuits under athletic-type clothes and water shoes. I also wore goggles because I have contacts. I finally learned toward the end that I had to hold them on, or they slip off when you hit the water. We got off the bus (left all of our stuff on the bus with the driver) and had a 40-ish minute hike. This was definitely a workout, but not too terrible. They gave us a water to bring with us, and we had several breaks. Once we got to the first waterfall, the adrenaline kicked in! We had to turn around and climb down a steep ladder, turn around, and start sliding! It was fast-paced. We slid down 5 or 6 natural rock slides and floated through some really cool canyons. I was worried about hurting my butt, but it wasn't an issue at all for me. After the waterfalls, we walked back to the bus. We didn't have time to change into dry clothes, which I had thought we would. The bus is open and really windy, so that helped. We got to the ziplining place and got right out to get our harnesses on. We were still damp, but it wasn't a huge deal. The only thing I changed was my shoes. Ziplining was SO cool... Through the jungle/mountains and one went over a river. 6 or 7 different lines. It was a blast. The guys working with Mega Adventures were great and funny! After ziplining, we ate right there. Food was good! We also drive through some D.R. villages and got a feel of their culture. A lot of poverty for sure. Highly recommend this excursion! We had about 1.5 hrs after our excursion, so we walked around for a bit, then found a spot at the pool. The port area is beautiful! They have free water slides, and unlimited ziplining for $20. We talked over to the Amber Cove sign and got some pictures. The pier is long, so don't wait till the last minute to get back onboard. Our next port was Grand Turk. We weren't really sure where we wanted to go, we just knew we wanted a beach day. We headed left from the pier, and most of the free chairs were already taken. Get off early if you want a shot at these! We ended up walking a ways down the beach and ended up at Jack's Shack. The chairs were for a tip, and umbrellas were $10. We had SO much fun here. Perfect white sandy beach and crystal clear water. Beware- the drinks here are strong! You can get a free rum shot if you sign up online. They had beach volleyball, snorkeling equipment, and more. Heard that there wasn't a ton to see in the area for snorkeling. We had a perfect beach day! The food on the ship was great! We ate at the main dining room every night. Our friends went to the steakhouse one night and loved it. We had the 6:00 early dining which was in the Southern Lights dining room (8:00 seating was obviously right after). The Northern Lights dining room was all Your Time Dining. Food and service was excellent!! We also loved Guy's Burgers, Guys Smokehouse, Blue Iguana (for breakfast burritos and taco salad), pizza and of course icecream. We definitely ate way more than we needed, and it was all amazing! We had an Oceanview Deluxe room 1371. It had plenty of space for 3 of us. Loved the second bathroom with a sink and tub. There is so much to do on this ship. We really enjoyed the piano bar, theater shows, comedy, trivia dance parties in the atrium, mega deck party, etc. We watched a movie during the day while eating a Guy's burger. We soaked in a hot tub on deck 5 that hung over the side. Love and Marriage show is hilarious. We had the perfect mix of relaxation and fun. Disembark was very smooth. Our flight wasn't until 1, so we left our room at 8:15 and had a sit- down breakfast at Southern Lights dining room. Got off the ship at about 9:30 and got an Uber to the airport for $13 for 3 off us. One in our group got seasick on the first night, but got some meds from the medical room and felt good the rest of the trip. Everything else was smooth! No funky smells like some other reviews I've read. The cruise director Simon London was great! Lovely Jubley! Love Carnival and the atmosphere on the Magic! Can't wait till the next one!

Carnival Magic was a blast!

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by jenb1847

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View

Love Carnival and the atmosphere on the Magic! Can't wait till the next one!
jenb1847’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Deluxe Ocean View
Cabin 6M
Plenty of space for 3 adult women. Lots of closet and bathroom space for us. Loved the 2nd bathroom! Only 1 plug in the main cabin, and one up high on the wall in each bathroom.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins