3. Carnival Magic
Embarkation was very smooth and fast. We Ubered over from the airport. I found this faster and also cheaper overall. I would recommend this to anyone. We had a suite which afforded us some extra benefits. I have to say that once on the ship it was not set up for everyone to sit around waiting for their cabin. I would recommend that the dining rooms be opened up for the embarkation if for nothing else to allow for cruisers to have a place to sit and also eat. The buffet was a nightmare. This can set the tone for the cruise (hint hint). The cabin was on the 7th floor and close to the elevator but we never really heard a lot of hallway noise. The suite was about 1.5 the size of the regular balcony cabin. We had quite a bit of storage and a small bathtub which was why we picked this cabin. The balcony was also actually large enough for my DW to get some sun in private. We enjoyed the Italian restaurant on the first day. Service was great and food good. I recommend this for anyone. For the rest of our lunches we had Guy's burgers and fries. The lunch buffet and dinner buffet was terrible. I dont usually complain about the food but this was sad. Nothing like I enjoyed on Carnival in the past. Breakfast was good but could have been spaced out a little more. One person can really slow down the whole process when they dig for the perfect slice of bacon or pancake. After a while we just went to the main dining room. Service was good and food was not bad. I have to say that it is obvious that they are grossly understaffed in the dining facilities. Everyone else noticed it too. The crew worked very hard but should have been able to slow down some. We have always defended Carnival against nay sayers saying that the food and shows were always top notch. I can no longer say this. This shows were not of the quality of past voyages or other cruise lines. We did have the sewer back up on the ship. We came in about 10 pm and the towels on the floor were covered. I called and called and never got help. After 30 minutes I got on Facebook on the Carnival page and complained. Mary answered almost immediately and said she contacted the ship for me. Sad I had to go this route. Once help arrived again we were informed that they were short staffed and apologized. They cleaned it up and sanitized several times over the next few days but the stink never seemed to disappear. I should have never had to go outside the ship for help. We got off the ship at each stop but did not excursions. Everything we need was close to the ship. We missed Grand Turk due to winds, its ashamed that we could not tender in for a while. But it is what it is and the ship adapted well to the missed stop. The disembarkation process was fast and smooth. This impressed me. But, considering where my experiences with Carnival started and where they are today I am afraid this is probably my last trip on this line. For what I paid for the cabin I expected a little more.This is why I rated down.

Depends on what your expectations are

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by stlouistravelers

stlouistravelers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin JS
Loved the size and location. Lots of storage and room. TV could have been better (larger). Bathtub was a hit for my DW.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins