3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was our 4th cruise with Norwegian first on the Breakaway. I have never experienced a more reluctant crew to provide service. Many staff members were too busy talking/visiting with each other or cell phones. Here is our list of disappointments regarding poor customer service on our 7 day excursion. 1. Stateroom- steward removed our opened wine bottle and our chocolates that we set aside. I called and he claimed he didn’t do it. 2. Never had a casino host come to welcome us. (We are Casino at sea members- spend $1-4K each trip) 3. Casino bar staff never came to us we always had to stop them as they were headed elsewhere. 4. Buffet was messy, food mediocre at best. 5. Staff never says “I’m sorry, let’s see what we can do.” Instead they try to give you an excuse. 6. Disembarkation was a little confusing- at the end 2 lines but no warning or reason. We got in line and asked for documents. ??? We have passports- then told one line for passports, one for people without and some sort of Stickers/documents. What does that mean? Why not a sign stating - Passports this line no passports this line?? Pretty simple instead of getting in wrong line! 7. Last night of trip vacuum was running in our hallway at 1:30 ! a.m. ! Then we had our do not disturb sign on at 8:15 a.m. and had a knock on door wanting to check mini bar. I think they could wait until it was our turn to get in line for disembarking. 8. We even tipped cash - additional to wait staff in casino bar hoping that would entice them to come back to take drink order again- but that didn’t work either. 9. Many of the hand sanitizers stations were empty multiple days. During the Corona virus scar you would think it would be a high priority. 10. Restrooms in high congregation places were closed during high use. Many times this happened- at least once every evening. Find a better way to schedule this or don’t close completely during evening dinner times 11. I asked for comment card on last night. I was told they were out. I again asked for something to write a review on and was given a “hero” card. The cards I was given were already filled out. I asked the same customer service person for one that was blank. He walked a few steps and again gave me “hero” cards. I used one of those to give a review. 12. During disembarkation again multiple hand sanitizers either not working or empty. 13. In my opinion perhaps the guaranteed gratuity that is added is expected by staff and they don’t seem interested in going above and beyond. I receive multiple Norwegian certificates from Caesars rewards each year. I suggest that Caesars use a different cruise line in the future if their patrons are treated this way. Not sure if I will use another certificate with Norwegian. Caesars casino treats their clients much better!

Worst customer service all around!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Grandma cece

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

4. Buffet was messy, food mediocre at best.

Grandma cece’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA
Cabin was spacious. Our room was sufficient.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins