3. Norwegian Encore
I like this ship. Would I sail on it again? Yes, but not my first choice. Food, service and entertainment were actually very nice. I'm an explorer, I like to walk the whole ship. Don't miss the Observation Deck, it's a great place for a quiet snack, drink or cup of coffee. Very nice indeed. As I roamed the Laser Tag area (which was empty - I think it wasn't operational) I realized, this would a great space for some more loungers and/or a pool/hot tub. I don't care for the Race Track thing or the Laser Tag and yes, like many reviews these areas have compromised the "free" public "sun worshiping" space. Yes, the adult pool is teensy and the hot tubs are miniature and filled with kids. Which, is a shame but it didn't ruin my cruise. I would be willing to try the Haven, but the price point didn't seem worth it. And I'd be careful about what NCL calls a 'mini suite.' Don't get me wrong, the cabin was very nice, but the reality is that it's a standard balcony with larger bathroom. I DID like the cabin. And the Encore makes up for some of these downfalls with the Waterfront. Very nice walk around the ship AND you can catch some rays if desired. The smoking situation is really weird. The glass room is too small, I mean, it's hard to walk through without turning sideways. There was a bit of 'mutiny' on board and I'll give it to NCL for opening up another smoking section by the pool/bar. See, that's customer service. Anyway, why not just make the ship non-smoking, problem solved. If you've already booked and have doubts, I think you will love this ship. But, yeah, for me - I don't need slides, race cars, laser tag etc. I just want good food, good service, good drinks and a place to relax and watch the sea roll by. The Encore accomplished this for me, but there are other ships that do better.

Nice, with some after thoughts.

Norwegian Encore Cruise Review by bradtvx

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
bradtvx’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Encore price drops

I didnt feel any animosity from the bartenders, food service crew or room attendants. Many delightful crew members. Le Bistro and Cagneys are delicious.