3. Majestic Princess
We sailed on the majestic princess to New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji from Sydney. Embarkation was smooth, super quick and easy. Best we have seen yet. The ship itself is amazing, so so big. Are room wasn’t ready yet but that was alright, we went and purchased our drink packages and headed to lunch in the marketplace, the marketplace was a bit crazy and hard to find a seat for the first probably 2 days, after that people seem to eat at different times or used a lot of the other options available, eg: burgers, pizza, other restaurants, as it seem to settle down after a couple of days and we had no problems finding a seat. After lunch we explored the ship, how amazing this ship is. My favourite place where I spent a lot of time during the 14 night cruise was the hollywood club. Cool and peaceful (no children aloud in this area). We finally went to check out our room which was a balcony room, midship on the 15th floor (marina deck) amazing views from here. Although small ( compared to the mini suite we had last time) it was all that we needed and made ourselves at home for the next 2 weeks. Emergency training conducted and we were off to the sail away party. We were at sea for the first 2 days and this is where we first became disappointed with the activities/ entertainment staff. I thought at first that maybe we had just been super lucky on our first 2 cruises to get amazing entertainment teams that were funny and well ENTERTAINING, that made you want to go to everything on offer as you knew you were going to have a great time and come away laughing as you never knew what they were going to get up to. But as the cruise went on and the more we spoke to other guest we soon realised that NO it wasn’t just as, The entertainment team on this cruise were not as good as on other ships, (No I shouldn’t say not as good, as at times they could be funny and entertaining) but I really don’t know how to explain it, we and others were just really disappointed with what was on offer and things that you did go to were just ok. As I heard one guest say, we (the guests) have to provide our own entertainment on this cruise. Not good enough for the money we pay. Other then that we still had a great time, other entertainment such as the performances in the theatre, and the musicians in the piazza were excellent. The destinations we visited were amazing and well worth the visit. The tenders on this ship are new, spacious and much easier to get on and off. Housekeeping as per usual - amazing, these people do not get paid enough for what they do, our steward Eric, couldn’t do enough for us. I paid to have access to the enclave in the lotus spa everyday. How amazing is this place, well worth the money - TIP - buy the package on the first day when they are doing the tours through the spa, you get it cheaper. Getting back to the entertainment, 2 things we did look forward to and I did hear other guest say the same thing was the Australia Day party, fantastic idea but why would you have it at 9:45 at night after people have been on shore all day. I would of loved to go but after a full on shore excursion that day I was exhausted as I’m sure other were too. Then came the Latin dance party, another great idea, again late at night, for what reason I do not know. This one I did stay up for, it started, the professional dancers and singers from princess came out to perform, performed one song, it started to rain so they went off. Now fair enough I wouldn’t want to see them get hurt, however it rained for a couple of minutes and then it was alright for the guests to get up and dance on the dance floor so why couldn’t the others come back and finish there performance. A lot of disappointed people soon went back to there rooms or on to other things. Finally the time came to disembark back in Sydney, I know it sounds like I didn’t have the best time on this cruise but I still absolutely had a great time just a little disappointed. I still as always never want to get off, I could so live on a cruiseship and have often dreamt of working on one (maybe one day I will ). Disembarkation was just as easy and smooth as embarkation and we headed off to our hotel just down the road for a few days site seeing in Sydney. I watched the ship sail away again that night wishing I was still on there.

Slightly disappointed

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by Ejmacca

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Embarkation was smooth, super quick and easy. Best we have seen yet.

Emergency training conducted and we were off to the sail away party.

The destinations we visited were amazing and well worth the visit.

The tenders on this ship are new, spacious and much easier to get on and off.

I paid to have access to the enclave in the lotus spa everyday.

I watched the ship sail away again that night wishing I was still on there.
Ejmacca’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB
Beautiful little balcony cabin, small but all we needed.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins