3. Koningsdam
Embarkation and disembarkation was smooth. For some reason, we didn't get assigned a "group" so we walked right on board. Most people, however, did have to wait. I cruised with my parents in a verandah balcony using the pullout couch. 3 adults got along fine so it would be very comfortable for a couple. Plenty of outlets and storage space for normal use, so don't bring a multi-port charger or hangers. Our shower started smelling for some reason but leaving the shower door open helped immensely. Must haves-bathroom spray and over the door (non flammable) shoe organizer (you'll probably use more pockets than you think). Overall, great dining. Lido desserts were average. The best deals? $15 Pinnacle lunch and $2 gelato. I loved Dive-in fries the best. My parents said Pinnacle dinner and Tamarind dinner were the best although they waited an hour before the Pinnacle appetizer came. Love that staff serves your food in Lido, to keep illness at bay. The self-wash stations at Lido were great. They broke down for 5-6 days and what do you know, some cases of gastrointestinal illness broke out. Was impressed with how staff handled it but those broken washers probably didn't help the situation. Those complaining about lack of things to do on sea/port days weren't looking hard enough or are jaded to HAL offerings and need to try another cruise line. I filled in my days very easily and was never bored. The one thing I agree on is the library. Pathetic. Bring a few good books or choose from the very good variety of first-run movies in your cabin. My two favorite entertainment/activities? Captain Q&A and Lincoln Center Stage. You know not the buy the internet when the staff jokes about it. The fitness room was great. The two negatives is it closes at 9 (it's dead from 7-9) and there's no time limit on machines. Plan accordingly. Regarding service, the staff and crew were fantastic. Our two room stewards knew our names by the 3rd day and always met us with the smile. Crew was very friendly and never did I see a frowning staff member coming toward me. Plenty of deck chairs to catch some sun and never did I feel crowded (minus disembarkation) but what can you expect? Lastly, steer clear if you want a more party cruise or have kids. I didn't see one drunk and only saw one kid the whole time. For me, a quiet cruise without these 2 things was bliss.

A great cruise for foodies and music fanatics

Koningsdam Cruise Review by JGrathwol