• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

Azamara Pursuit Review

Editor Rating

A lot done well, but some big misses

Review for Azamara Pursuit to South America
hulter
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin:

Embarkation was the best I have seen. Staffed very well.

State room seemed smaller than other ships. The shower was tiny. Noticed leaves on floor when we moved a table. The robe in the closet had a empty beer bottle in it. I do not think the rooms get a deep cleaning between cruises. The Mini bar in room was very disappointing. Drinks are included on the cruise. If you want the wine or beer from your mini bar, you are charged for it. I can not find any logic to explain this.

While waiting for the room to be ready, "hard sells" were all over the ship. Crew in your face selling "premium drink, dinning and WIFI packages" It got annoying fast. I could not find a list of included beverages before sailing. We bought a WIFI and Premium beverage package. It was grossly over priced , and we were terribly disappointed in both. The WIFI worked less than 50% of the time. When it did work, it was painfully slow. Azamara changed what drinks that were on the premium package during the cruise. They took drinks away from the Premium package and moved them to the Ultimate package. I feel this is wrong to take items away from a package mid cruise.

13 Helpful Votes