3. Grand Princess
On this cruise because a friend found a great deal and needed a travel partner. Embarkation was lightning fast. I'd never left from San Francisco before, my only experience was Seattle, Ft. Lauderdale, LA, & Vancouver. In all those ports there were hundreds of people. Things moved niely, but still crowds. For this sold-out cruise there were maybe a few dozen people in process when we arrived about 12:30pm. There was a delay getting the fuel loaded so we didn't leave the dock until around 7pm. The delay was an unexpected bonus because the city lights from the dock area are stunning. Sailing past the Ferry Building and Fisherman's Wharf all lit up on a clear night was something I'll never forget. (I live in SF so I'm used to the lights, but from the water they're something truly special.) Cabin was ready when we boarded. No checked luggage, so no report there. Ship is indeed a bit tired. The public women's restrooms have some issues. One nearest guest services had 1 of 4 stalls and 2 of 4 sinks functioning. Because of the short cruise there were no enrichment lectures and less variety in the comedians and stage shows. One stage show was just 30 min, the other 45. Also no behind the scenes tour because of the short timeframe. The crafts were a little disappointing. One was coloring with colored pencils on a preprinted greeting card. Another was quilling (curled paper strips). That was fun, but the printed sheet was our only instruction. The last was "hanging stars", origami paper cut and pasted into a large 3D star. Impossible to bring that one home, it should have been first so we could enjoy it in the cabin. Food was as expected. Nothing really stands out for me. We ate in the dining room every morning and evening. Lunches were dining room or buffet. Disembarkment was simple and quick. My independent walk-off time was just 30 min after we had to be out of the cabins. I'm Platinum level so had someplace to go. It would have been awkward to hang around the public spaces with my bags until time to go to my departure lounge if I was a lower member level.

Nice short cruise.

Grand Princess Cruise Review by Wubba

On this cruise because a friend found a great deal and needed a travel partner.

Cabin was ready when we boarded. No checked luggage, so no report there.

Wubba’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF
No problems in our cabin.
We requested an extension cord and brought a ship compliant power splitter (3 outlets, 2 USB ports). Without that charging our devices and the CPAP would have been a challenge. The bedside table lamps have 1 USB port each.

The balcony was super small, so you don't get the standard foot rests you just get the chairs. But nice that nobody can look down onto your balcony.
Also fun being under the flying bridge. I waved at someone up there one night and was surprised when he waved back.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins