3. Mariner of the Seas
This cruise timing worked perfectly with a wedding my family I were attending. My wife and I are frequent Celebrity cruise line cruisers but because of the perfect timimg per above, we decided to take this cruise with our 3 adult children their significant others and my 7 year old granddaughter. I will just list what I consider the pros and cons as a consensus from all of us. Pros: Embarkation and disembarkation. On ship by 11:15 - easy boarding especially if you scan passport on RCL app. debarkation. we weren't in any hurry to get off ship so we had breakfast and left ship at 9. in car by 915. Friendliness of RCL staff- everyone was very nice. especially the Main dining room wait staff (Randy and Archit), windjammer, and the bartenders at Playmakers and Barnacle and Brew. Perfect Day at Coco Cay- Great day for all. we just went to beach and pool. from waiter service(we all had drink package) to swim up bar. plus they had other no charge activities (basketball, corn hole, etc. The water park was a little pricy. Pool- not crowded and pool wait service excellent. Casino- Besides the smoking policy (see below) ,the casino was great- minimums at black jack, roulettte and texas holdem low so my kids spent many hours donating to the RCL profitability Adventure club and other activities- my granddaughter had a great time at the adventure club and the adults in my group loved the flow rider and slides Cons: Food quality and choices- Food was a disappointment especially with what Celebrity offers. Windjammer food was pretty much the same every day. No food to order . no pasta station, no sandwich station, no eggs station, no ice cream station. pretty much everything pre cooked. Main dining room food was just disappointing . dry chicken, tasteless pasta. tasteless soups (a carrot in my lobster bisque which tasted like pea soup). desserts were better. Plus no lobster tail on formal night? entertainment- just not that good especially the feature singer and dancers. the juggler, comedian and magician were entertaining. Biggest con and the reason I will never go on RCL again. Smoking. both on the pool deck and casino. way too much space allotted to smoking at the pool. basically the port side of the pool was smokers including cigars. You couldn't wear your clothes again if you spent any time in the casino. This is RCL's policy so I guess they cater to the smokers of the world. in my little world, no one smokes especially indoors in a closed environment. plus since RCL's main thorough fairs are decks 4 and 5 deck, you had to always use deck 5 if you wanted to go from stern to bow. never seen it before but you cant go from stern to bow on any deck but 4 and 5 . so you always have to use deck 5 to get to your cabin . RCL claims they have signs designated for non smokers but I didn't see any. plus they say they have smoke eaters but the whole casino was smoky. all and all we had fun but I will go back to Celebrity for my future cruises

Rather cruise with Celebrity

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by perodise

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
This cruise timing worked perfectly with a wedding my family I were attending.

Pros:

Pool- not crowded and pool wait service excellent.

Cons:

all and all we had fun but I will go back to Celebrity for my future cruises
perodise’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 3N
small. bed took up most of room and blocked porthole
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins