Horrible staff. Horrible Rules. Horrible Ship.
1. 1. Don't expect to drink any water on board without paying. We found one, YES 1, free tap water on the entire ship. Located on deck 8 in the buffet area. But you aren't allowed to leave the buffet area with any food or drinks to any time you are thirsty plan on hiking up to deck 8, guzzling as much water as you can, and hope you aren't thirsty for another 5 hours. Anywhere else on the ship will charge you over $4 for water. And don't expect to ever see ice on this ship.
2. Bad staff. It's probably not all their fault, I would blame the management for the horrible rules they have. One day at sea we were trying to enjoy ourselves and play a little cards, we got kicked out of 5 different places on the ship before we gave up. These were open areas at bars, the gelateria, etc. that had decent tables we could sit at. The staff was rude and told us we couldn't plat cards and told us to leave but never gave us any suggestions on where we might be able to play.
3. FOOD. This ship is anti food. They say they want to conserve waste but that is just a cover up to save money. You have a 15 minute window each evening to be seated in the dining area. We should up 10 minutes late one night and were turned away. The buffet is only open for 90 minutes for dinner. If you miss these time windows, tough crap, don't expect to eat until breakfast.
4. Exercise. They have a wonderful exercise facility. Just don't expect to use it. The facility doesn't open till 8am. Most ships are 24 hours. Not this one. Most of our ports were around 7 to 8 am. So we were off the ship before they would even allow you in to exercise. HORRIBLE.
5. Entertainment. If you are American and only speak English....don't come on this ship for the entertainment. Not a single English Speaking show, and the few shows that translated to English, don't expect to understand the translations with the bad accents.
6. Finally, at the end of our Cruise our ship was quarantined for 16 hours while a passenger was checked for a virus. This is very understandable, safety precautions need to be take, however, the crew and staff were horrible to work with during this experience. No special accommodations were made to help make the 2000+ passengers that were supposed to disembark that day. We were all kicked out of our staterooms and told to sit in a bar area while things were figured out. No water was available without charge. We simply sat in a very crowded area with our luggage for 16 hours. The crew and staff did nothing to inform us of the situation. We got our information from the news cameras outside the ship.
Never, Never, Never sail with Costa.