3. Carnival Splendor
My husband and I aged 54 and 52 had an interior room on deck 6 (6376) for a 9 day South Pacific cruise at a total cost of $83 per day each, now thats exceptional value. As the old saying goes "You get what you pay for". The ship overall look is older style with very gaudy decor, clashing colours and overall ugliness in some areas. "You get used to it". Stateroom was a good size clean and comfy. Food was a hit and miss. Some good choices in the Lido and some not so good. Sandwich bar is excellent, also liked most of the food in the Black Pearl dining room restaurant. Most staff where very good, a few seemed brash or uninterested. Unfortunately we missed 2 Island days, Lifou and Isle Of Pines, due to the Corona Virus scare. Island officials closing the Islands to ALL cruise ships until further notice. Ship gave all passengers a $25 credit to compensate for this. Instead of Lifou we went to Port Vila and a day at sea instead of Isle Of Pines. Ship holds a lot of passengers and finding seating especially near the 2 pools was usually impossible unless you staked your claim before dawn. Hygiene practices were nearly non existent. I hardly ever saw anyone use the hand sanitiser before entering eatery areas. Entertainment was very mediocre actually worst we've had on our 7 cruises. Please be aware if you have sailed on the Carnival Spirit and expect this ship to be on par, you will probably be disappointed. We will not be returning to Splendor even at the budget price.

Budget cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by Lisa.I

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior

As the old saying goes "You get what you pay for".

Stateroom was a good size clean and comfy.

Most staff where very good, a few seemed brash or uninterested.

Entertainment was very mediocre actually worst we've had on our 7 cruises.

We will not be returning to Splendor even at the budget price.
Lisa.I’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Interior
Cabin 4E
Good size clean and comfortable
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins