• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Mittens73
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2019
Cabin: Yacht Club Inside Stateroom

My mother and I chose mergalvia because it was a new sailing to Canada and the New England States. We had never sailed with those ports before. She had a casino offer 30% off the rate plus 5% loyalty since we had cruised with them before.

About one month ahead of time I had upgrade offers for a balcony or an interior yacht club. I decided to take my chances and bid low on the yacht club interior.I thought this would be a nice treat for my mother since she has done so much for me and my life so I decided to splurge for once.

We sailed out of New York which I've never done before either. Once we arrived at pier 88 it was very confusing no clear signs of where you're actually supposed to go in the line. Finally when we saw the sign for yacht club we went down the aisle. Apparently when we checked in they had not upgraded us correct. They gave us a blue card which is for regular status. We should have had the gold yacht club card . I learned later that you're supposed to be separated into a group that embarked earlier. I was told that the Butler supposed to escort you up to the lounge once you arrived on board. That never happened. I was very disappointed in the embarkation since it was not done correct .I was very thankful that we did not have to wait over 2 hours in a line though. Standing in line just to get our Room key maybe took 10-15 minutes at the most it was smooth. We sat and the waiting area for about 2 to 3 hours waiting on them to clear us to get on the ship.

Yacht Club Inside Stateroom

Yacht club interior has the same amount of room as a regular interior in my opinion. We upgraded by bidding last minute in order to receive benefits of Yacht club...unlimited drinks, butler, dining in a more quaint less chaotic atmosphere.

Port Reviews

New York (Manhattan)

Long wait in terminal. We were not routed to the correct YC area.

Sydney (Nova Scotia)