MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review

MSC Meraviglia Cruise Review by Mittens73

• Sail Date: Oct 2019
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Yacht Club Inside Stateroom

My mother and I chose mergalvia because it was a new sailing to Canada and the New England States. We had never sailed with those ports before. She had a casino offer 30% off the rate plus 5% loyalty since we had cruised with them before.

About one month ahead of time I had upgrade offers for a balcony or an interior yacht club. I decided to take my chances and bid low on the yacht club interior.I thought this would be a nice treat for my mother since she has done so much for me and my life so I decided to splurge for once.

We sailed out of New York which I've never done before either. Once we arrived at pier 88 it was very confusing no clear signs of where you're actually supposed to go in the line. Finally when we saw the sign for yacht club we went down the aisle. Apparently when we checked in they had not upgraded us correct. They gave us a blue card which is for regular status. We should have had the gold yacht club card . I learned later that you're supposed to be separated into a group that embarked earlier. I was told that the Butler supposed to escort you up to the lounge once you arrived on board. That never happened. I was very disappointed in the embarkation since it was not done correct .I was very thankful that we did not have to wait over 2 hours in a line though. Standing in line just to get our Room key maybe took 10-15 minutes at the most it was smooth. We sat and the waiting area for about 2 to 3 hours waiting on them to clear us to get on the ship.

The interior yacht club Room was about the same as a regular interior on in the MSC ship. There was Prosecco and fresh fruit when we arrived.

Around 2:00 p.m. We went to the 18th floor to eat lunch in the yacht club dining Room. The food was actually good compared to some of the main dining Room on some ships. Will you then went down to the other level that had snacks and the. club lounge area. They have little sandwiches and desserts. I was then given a menu all the drinks that were listed were included in the yacht club selection for free To me for the price I paid the drinks that I drank plus the spa area included was well worth it. Also in the yacht club it was very quiet compared to some ships that have children running up-and-down the halls and playing with the elevators. The yacht club was very secluded and had a range of ages from Maybe 45 up to people in their eighties. There were some people that had children but they are very well behaved

We stayed in the yacht club in Room 14005. Some of the room amenities were a robe, houseshoes, body wash ,shampoo ,conditioner a sewing and a shower cap. The refrigerator there were other cocktails as well like Pringles chips and some nuts. There were a few liquors and beers in the fridge as well. I was very disappointed in the Room service menu compared to the Room service in a regular state room MSC.They had more choices listed than we did even though hour Room service was of no charge.

The 1st time we got Room service the order was totally incorrect that we were so hungry we just went ahead and aided. The 2nd time I ordered a pizza it was fresh and it was one of the best meals I ate for lunch. The next day round 10:00 a.m. we had our cruise critic meet and greet. I took pictures of the cake and some of the other members of cruise critic that we met beforehand as well. It was a large number of people that actually joined it and were actually present. I was very shot. I think they did a wonderful job especially introducing the captain and most of the managers over seeing certain areas on the ship itself. Most all of the dinners were adequate it was hit-and-miss they were very hot and not Luke warm. On some of the nights where I can figure out what I want to eat I just went with the stake. I learned an old yacht club that if there's something you don't like you can order either grilled chicken salmon or a steak

Mittens73's Full Rating Summary

Yacht Club Inside Stateroom

Yacht club interior has the same amount of room as a regular interior in my opinion. We upgraded by bidding last minute in order to receive benefits of Yacht club...unlimited drinks, butler, dining in a more quaint less chaotic atmosphere.

New York (Manhattan)

Long wait in terminal. We were not routed to the correct YC area.

Acadia National Park

Very long bus ride

View All 236 Acadia National Park Reviews

Loved the city tour with food samples

View All undefined undefined Reviews

Long tour. Didn't finish. My mom was sick with a cold.

View All undefined undefined Reviews