3. Carnival Paradise
There were 6 friends on this cruise and we chose it for 1 reason only. The piano bar with Gustavo. We've cruised 2 other times where we had the fun of seeing Gustavo. But this was the first time on Carnival. I was leery, it's an old ship and I was afraid it hadn't aged well. I was very pleasantly surprised. Embarkation was the easiest I've ever been through. I think it's because you don't get your cabin key until later when you cabin is ready. This made getting through the port terminal so quick. While old and a little dated the ship was spotless. Our cabins were aft balconies. The cabin was small but adequate. Bigger bathroom than on some other cruise lines. Our steward, Lary, was great. He asked us what time we wanted him to clean and it was spotless every day The food was very good, especially the dinner. We chose anytime and ate around 6 most nights. We requested Devy's table and she was really great. The casino is smoky. It has all the usual tables and slots. We didn't go to any of the shows. We listened to the great band in the bar near the casino and of course later the piano bar. We also attended both art auctions and a lot of new art was purchased! The crew is amazingly friendly and they all really went out of their way to make sure you are happy. Great bartenders. Don't be afraid to try an older Carnival ship.

Surprising cruise on an older ship

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by talltales311

• Sail Date: February 2020
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

Don't be afraid to try an older Carnival ship.
talltales311’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M
Small but adequate with plenty of shelves and hangers. It was noisy when going into port from the engines and anchor.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins