• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Carnival Paradise Review

Editor Rating

Surprising cruise on an older ship

Review for Carnival Paradise to the Western Caribbean
talltales311
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Aft-View Extended Balcony

There were 6 friends on this cruise and we chose it for 1 reason only. The piano bar with Gustavo. We've cruised 2 other times where we had the fun of seeing Gustavo. But this was the first time on Carnival. I was leery, it's an old ship and I was afraid it hadn't aged well. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Embarkation was the easiest I've ever been through. I think it's because you don't get your cabin key until later when you cabin is ready. This made getting through the port terminal so quick.

While old and a little dated the ship was spotless. Our cabins were aft balconies. The cabin was small but adequate. Bigger bathroom than on some other cruise lines. Our steward, Lary, was great. He asked us what time we wanted him to clean and it was spotless every day

Aft-View Extended Balcony

Small but adequate with plenty of shelves and hangers. It was noisy when going into port from the engines and anchor.

Port Reviews

Cozumel

Grab a cab and go to the far end of the town to Los Cinco Soles. It's a gift shop, jewelry and clothing boutique and FABULOUS restaurant all in one. The restaurant is in the back and it so pretty, relaxing and tropical. And they make the best, fresh margarita's ever. And they are HUGE!

3 Helpful Votes