3. Vision of the Seas
I had a great time on this cruise. What drew me in was the low cruise price, the fact that Royal Caribbean could handle a group of almost 200 Canadians and the amazing ports of call including Antigua, Barbados, St Lucia and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. There isn't a ton to see and do in Tortola. It was going to be a beach day but because the sea was rough, all beach excursions were cancelled. Service: The service on the ship was fantastic. Every employee smiles and says hello to all the guests constantly throughout the cruise. I don't just mean your room attendant and your dining room server but every room attendant, server... Cabins & Cabin Service: The downside of a lower class of ship is that the cabins are lacking some amenities we normally expect. There is no mini-fridge in the cabins. So if you bring wine onboard, you can't put it in a refrigerator in your room after it is opened. There are no bathrobes offered. We got around this by requesting them from our cabin attendant. I'm not sure if all the cabin attendants are as quick to please or if we just got really lucky with Allan Sousa from Costa Rica. There was no moisturizer offered but once again, we asked and he left THREE for us almost immediately. Some friends complained they didn't get a box of tissues in their cabin wheras we had two boxes tucked away in a drawer when we boarded. Food: The first several days, breakfast in the buffet was lacking my favourite, smoked salmon. Later in the cruise, it was available each morning. The portion sizes in the dining room aren't consistent between guests ordering identical meals. My lobster tail was the smallest at our table. When I pointed this out, the server was quick to bring me a second lobster tail. I was impressed with all the dining room meals including every dinner and the lunch offered on the sea day. Breakfast in the dining room wasn't my favourite. I'm not a scrambled egg or eggs benedict lover. For some reason, they couldn't just bring me a poached egg. It had to be covered in the hollandaise sauce.

Great Ports, Great Service, Cabins Lacking Amenities