• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

JenWillis
First Time Cruiser • Age Under 20

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Interior

My husband and I just went on our honeymoon to Mexico on the Carnival Valor. The service provided by the crew was absolutely amazing but there are things to know about the cruise itself before deciding to go. My biggest problem was all the hidden fees. Before we even got on the ship they took a $100 deposit out of our account and then after the cruise is over you have to pay for expensive gratuities and port taxes and they WILL NOT let you off the ship until you’ve paid them. Also PLEASE don’t go unless you have money in your wallet. The first stop at Cozumel you can’t go to ANY beach without walking for hours unless you get a taxi or rent a scooter. I would HIGHLY recommend shore excursions that way you have a sure way to get where you want/need to go. The ship itself did not have much to do (aside from drink alcohol). Its definitely a good place to go if you like alcohol. They have plenty of it. I will say that room service was AMAZING as were most ALL of the crew members. They are all kind and accommodating and want you to have a good time. The actual restaurants on the ship have really good food but the buffets are not very good at all (especially dessert). We wish we would have stayed in an Airbnb or resort instead. Like I said it’s a good place if you’re older or you drink alcohol. Also I would recommend going to a less touristy part of Mexico. Even while we were on the beach, people were pressuring us and yelling at us to buy things or get massaged.

Interior

our cabin was small and cute.

2 Helpful Votes