• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Grandex
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

I chose this cruise because I liked the itinerary and like Princess Cruises. I was very happy with the itinerary however the ship needs a complete refurbishment. I had a Junior Suite and the bathtub caucking was all molded ad disgusting. The balcony chairs were totally covered in bird poop and the metal casing on the balcony was rusted in many places. The suite itself is however well appointed and I loved the layout which I have had many times previously on Princess.

The beds are the most amazing I have ever slept in. The pillows are marshmallow soft and the mattress is the most comfortable I have ever slept on even in 5 star hotels, just terrific. Passengers could not help but rave about the beds on this cruise.

I was disappointed in the food however. The buffet is SOOOO SMALL for a cruise ship!!!! There are basically three sections plus a salad bar which I found very disappointing. Very repetitive food as well. They did have however amazing desserts. The dining-room food was mediocre at best. No decoration on the tables either, only salt & pepper, no flowers or anything decorative. Even on Christmas day there was nothing special on the table....very boring. Service was excellent however.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Great layout & fabulous bed.

Port Reviews

Singapore

I was on my own in Singapore.

Phuket