• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

CT-Edin
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This was our 12th cruise with Princess, a 14 night (or 2 x 7 night) cruise to the Eastern and Western Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale. We chose this because we had 2 birthdays in our group of 6 and wanted to be in a port on both days so the itinerary appealed. While we were aboard, 2 of our group also renewed their wedding vows so that made it extra special. First Medallion cruise, and we're all from the UK so got our medallions on check-in. In general I thought the medallions worked well, we didn't use all the features or apps, and the drink ordering and delivery was a bit hit & miss (one time it worked, another time it didn't) but I think the technology is a huge step forward for Princess and I can envisage it will open up a lot of new opportunities (e.g. why not tie the photos to your medallion and then you can view the images digitally instead of printing hundreds of photos that NOBODY buys?). We did anytime dining but eventually we were sitting at the same table in the Concerto every night so it worked well for us with the same excellent waiting staff (Rommel and Lenn). I thought the food was very good, lots of choice in the buffet, exceptional curries, but the dining room menu was repeated again the 2nd week with some variations, but we now know our favourites (crème brulee and souffles as good as ever). Entertainment very good, production shows are excellent and although repeated 2nd week, still worth a 2nd look, especially Bravo and Born To Dance which was exceptional. Also the Beatlemaniacs were excellent with 2 shows the first week, though I didn't enjoy the comedian the 2nd week and I get bored with comedy magic shows as well. The Regal Princess is a beautiful ship, lovely public areas and plenty of bars and entertainment spaces. Staterooms are nice but ALL the balconies are small. There is still an element of 'sell-sell-sell' and I wish they would dump the art auctions, I attended one once and never again, it was awful. Otherwise the staff are all lovely and friendly. We booked 3 Princess excursions; - a beach bungalow on Princess Cays (not worth the money), a St John On Your Own, and a debark tour (cruise of FL intracoastal, Las Olas, and transfer to Miami airport...enjoyed the boat cruise, Las Olas is not that interesting and went to Miami airport via FL airport and the ship which we were NOT expecting), and for the other ports (St Maarten, Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Cozumel) we researched and booked our own personal/private tours online in advance).

In summary we had a great 2 weeks, thanks again Princess.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Lovely minisuite with plenty of interior space but very small balcony (ALL the balconies on Regal Princess are small). Bathroom clean but rest could have been cleaner, coffee table not dusted and hairs/dust in drawers so I wiped everything down with a damp cloth. Well equipped and a hairdryer that is actually useable. Bed supercomfy but felt like a dip in the middle. Our cabin steward (Lauro) was great.

10 Helpful Vote