Royal Princess Cruise Review

Royal Princess Cruise Review by kaayla

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Interior

This was my 9th cruise. I was disappointed in the food, the service and the entertainment. Princess used to be the premiere cruise line. Now it's very mediocre, less elegant and felt very much like a Carnival cruise. Everything was very basic and the kids were mostly unaccompanied by adults in the lounge and entertainment areas. No one removed the children from the adult entertaining to the point where some adults did not go to many of the events. The same was true at the pool areas. The hot tubs were all filled with children. The buffet was basically the same every day. I sometimes dined alone and at one meal, I set my food at a table by a window and went to get a drink. When I came back, someone had taken my plate and I had to start all over again at the buffet. Seating was very limited in the buffet areas and it was always a fight for a window seat. The formal dining rooms did not offer anything spectacular on the menus. Specialty dining was hard to schedule. Princess would have to offer a really good price for me to go on another cruise with them.

kaayla's Full Rating Summary

Interior

The cabin was the one nice thing on this ship. It was very roomy and comfortable.

kaayla