3. Grandeur of the Seas
I will go in chronological order: (We are seasoned cruisers - first time on any RCI ship) CHECK IN - No one to guide us where to go. Stood in line for 30 minutes before Security suggested we check our bags and directed us where to go. After that stood in line for 45 minutes to Check In and Board ship. STATE ROOM - Smelled like sewer as we walked in. Room was not well maintained. Rust in windows, carpet worn, not a pleasant experience. DINING ROOM - Service was excellent. Joe, our server at breakfast and dinner was awesome. FOOD - All the food on the ship was very disappointing. The Buffet (Windjammer) was configured in a very strange way, making it difficult to know where the lines began and ended. Tables were not cleaned in a timely way, so hard to find a seat with a clean table to eat on. Food Example at Breakfast in Dining room - My husband ordered Cherry Crepes - The cherries were Maraschino cherries-UGH. Eggs were undercooked every order. If you wanted cream with your coffee, it was taken from another table, and once you used it, returned back to that table. Salt and Pepper shakers were always EMPTY. ACTIVITIES on ship during Cruise Days- Many had additional fees added to them. $3 to $12 depending on Activity. I have never paid additional fees for Activities on a cruise ship (Excluding SPA) $25. per towel to use for swimming! I said "Many" the Activities were very limited. Origami, Towel Folding, Bed Making, Hip/Hop lessons (that's great when most of the people sailing are over 60!!!) FlashMob lessons for Thriller and Footloose. The last cruising day there was not a posting for a movie in the Newsletter or Announcements. I was surprised as there had been a movie everyday before. By accident, we were walking by the theatre and there was a movie playing. The performers on the evening SHOWS - their costumes were not fitted and they looked like they had been to Goodwill to get them. Dancers and Singers were ok. Not in unison during performances. The Cruise Director was very irritating and we only saw her on the morning show telling us about all of great activities of the day. PRIVATE ISLAND - Most of the island was closed due to construction. We planned to sit by the water- but the seating was so limited we could only find a chair 5 rows BACK from the water. Many people who has been there before said it was a mess and they had never seen it like that. The interior of the ship had BROKEN TILES, RUST EVERYWHERE, DIRTY AND UNKEMPT, WORN CARPET. It was not a good experience. HEALTH - While they have hand sanitizer everywhere...I did not that all DISPENSERS used to get Water or other Drinks did NOT HAVE GUARDS on them to prevent people from taking their personal container and putting them into the dispenser. This is appalling as we are ALL trying to make sure no illnesses are spread person to person. I was sitting at the Peak View Cafe and a man walked up to the water dispenser, took a big sip of water from his personal water bottle, and then placed it on the dispenser to fill it up with water. THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE. This was our First RCI cruise and it was also our LAST!

From beginning to end...Disappointing

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by AbyA

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas

This was our First RCI cruise and it was also our LAST!
AbyA’s Full Rating Summary