3. Norwegian Sky
This was my first cruise and I really wanted to take my parents away for my mom's birthday. We were skeptical of how the trip would be since this is a small older ship. We were pleasantly surprised, the ship looks great with the renovations, the room was lovely and perfect for a short 5 day itinerary. We really enjoyed the food at the palace and crossings! We had the premium beverage package and it was great, never had an issue with any drinks. All the ports were great, but the weather in Freeport (Grand Bahama) wasn't very good and for that reason our excursion (swimming with the pigs) wasn't worth it. Though we can't blame NCL for the weather. Sadly our final port, and the one we were most excited about, was great stirrup cay was cancelled due to the 10ft swells, so we were unable to tender. We were so upset, as we were all so excited for the day ashore. We understood that safety must come first, and that NCL would prefer us on the island making them money, but it put a damper on the end of the trip. Overall we were impressed with all the things to do on board the whole cruise, the room stew was so attentive, and the food amazing.

Almost perfect but a missed port put a damper on things

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by bortman23

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview with Picture Window

bortman23’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Oceanview with Picture Window
Cabin OA
A great cabin, cozy, but perfectly acceptable for a short cruise. The view was great out the window when we were next to a port.

Didn't experience any issues with noise. Being next to a crew area I was bit concerned, but in fact it was extra quiet at the end of the hall. Very close to everything at the front of the ship, and only two flights up to the pool/deck was very handy
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins