Boarding the ship in Barbados was a well organised operation. After leaving the TUI flight from Manchester we directly boarded a bus which took us to the Azura where a bank of staff processed credit cards and signed everyone in. We took on board the allowed 2 x 1 litre bottles of wine or spirit which is way more than other cruise lines. Once on board staff were on hand to direct us to our cabin which was in reasonable condition but as the Azura is having a refit this year it was better than we expected. The buffet restaurant was open as was a pool deck barbecue and pizza bar. As we prefer to eat in the buffet we never use the main restaurant’s so cant comment on them. Food was always excellent and piping hot at all times and was available 24hrs. the only comment I can make is that that the tea / coffee making facility was all in the wrong order. Bar prices were very reasonable for a cruise line and a few drinks packages were on offer. I took the 20 pints for £82 package x2. (tip use your on board spending to pay for your package). Entertainment was very good and the guest artists were excellent apart from one so called comedian and the reggae band howling by the pool. I didn’t like the P&O practice of making some bars as well as the restaurants formal dress only on formal nights. I personally do not do the formal nights and don’t mind if people do but it should be kept to the restaurants only as with other cruise lines as I paid the same cash as everyone else and should be able to use the bars as normal. There were always sunbeds available when we wanted then so no need to put the towel down all day although as usual a lot of people did and they remained empty all day. Ports were as you expect in the Caribbean, a bit of a dump, but good to get off and stretch the legs. Another tip is to take along some laundry tablets and do your washing for free before you go home. An iron is always available as well so you don't have to smuggle one on board. This is my first P&O cruise and have been on numerous ones with RCI, NCL, Princess etc and more recently Marella which was basically an over priced booze cruise and I think P&O have got it spot on.

My first P&O cruise and won't be my last

Azura Cruise Review by billyjey

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

billyjey’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azura price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin JC
Clean and big enough for a couple. carpet a bit wrinkly and slight staining but is due a refit this year so ill let it go. cabin A639 is great access to the lift to the Manhattan bar and the Buffet restaurants. also only about 10 metres to the laundry room so that you can do your ironing when required.
  Azura Deck Plans