3. Viking Star
We chose this cruise for our anniversary (and to get away from the cold weather) and also because this cruise would take us to countries we'd never been to before, Unfortunately, the cruise began just a couple of days after the huge earthquake in Puerto Rico. That did not affect our time in San Juan. Don't know if that also adversely affect the weather, but the Captain was not able to dock at our first two ports (Tortola and St. Kitts/Nevis) because of the wind and the waves. So that was quite disappointing to us -- especially two ports in a row and two countries we couldn't tick off our list of countries visited. During those unplanned sea days, I would have liked to have seen additional entertainment/activities offered. I recommend, in advance, that Viking ship should have a contingency plan of additional programming, ready at the hip-pocket, to implement when a port is cancelled. Dining in the main dining room was excellent, and I was especially impressed by the qualify of the (included) wines served at meals (I love French and German wines). Though we didn't buy it, I was impressed that the price of the Silver Spirits package was so reasonable compared to other cruise lines. Our cabin was good. My only complaint is that I wish there was a real electrical outlet (not a "Shavers only" outlet) so that I could use the hair dryer in the bathroom. The Wi-fi in our cabin was excellent. The classical music performances scheduled throughout the ship was wonderful. Top notch service, from cabin stewards, restaurant/bar workers, even the cleaning staff, was outstanding, I enjoyed the included excursions. For an optional excursion, we chose the Bacardi Factory Mixology class, and it was one of the highlights of our trip -- just wish it had been in the afternoon and not 9:30 AM, LOL. To the list of optional excursions, I recommend that Viking add a local food tour (through Viator, we booked a food-tasting tour in St, Thomas, which was excellent) at some of the ports. All in all, Viking is a superb ocean cruise line, and recommend it highly to all of our friends.

Missed two ports, but still a great cruise

Viking Star Cruise Review by Barbie21144

The Wi-fi in our cabin was excellent.

The classical music performances scheduled throughout the ship was wonderful.

Barbie21144’s Full Rating Summary