Having sailed with carnival before on the legend I was really looking forward to this new ship. The experience was mixed
- variety of food
- options to eat and drink
- 24 hr food pizza but other open late like deli
- amazing shows
- the dining room staff were ‘boring’ and never available - not once did we get asked if we wanted a second drink - on previous cruise they were smiling, happy and diligent
- lack of pools - with just one main pool and 3500 guests in Australia warm weather this is a total oversight from carnival - need another pool
- lack of shade - in outdoor areas were you could relax Eg sun lounges around pool and level 11 plus kids water parks there was absolutely NO shade. Carnival need to buy some umbrellas or install shade sails
- daily activities - I actually felt bored on this cruise. Last time I was missing out on so many things because they were on at the same time. Give the huge capacity on this ship they need to double the activity program. 50% of activity listed on the day schedule was the shops or art gallery. There was also limited if any outdoor activities - lido deck was a total boring place to be apart from 1-2 hrs a day with the dj.
- cleanliness - the ship was not cleaned enough, walking around common areas you would see food spilled on floors that stayed there for hours at a time. Under our 4 beds (2 separate rooms) we found an iPhone, foreign currency, hair bands and hairpins, credit card and lolly wrappers.