3. Celebrity Infinity
We choose this cruise because it was a Transatlantic one and it stopped in six ports, 4 in Spain and 2 in Portugal. Everything about this cruise was just fantastic. We had heard that the ship was dated and ready to be renovated, but we saw no evidence of that. Everything was exceptionally well-kept, and our service from all of the staff was impeccable. We stayed in a suite and it was a perfect size as both my roommate and myself needed rolling walkers. The closet and safe were a really good size and there was plenty of room to move about the cabin. Really the only problem in the room's furnishings was the lounge chair in the sitting area that was too close to the ground, even for my roommate who was only 5 feet tall! We loved being able to have valet service for breakfast in our cabin and eat it in our sitting area. The food was always steaming hot and the number of selections and coffee was really great. Being in a suite allowed us to use a separate dining room that sat only 100 people and we had no set time for dining. We had our choice from our separate menu or we could choose anything on the Main Dining room menu also. You could have two of anything, salad entree, or dessert. My roommate had escargot every night! Also being in a suite allowed us to use a smaller heated wave pool and to eat lunch at the grill in the suite only enclosed area. The spa was right next to this pool and the masseuse that I used for deep tissue massage was superb. I was glad we had not bought a drink package because any time we wanted a drink or snacks all we had to do was go to the Captain's Lounge. The drinks were free as were all of the snacks. We could even stop there on our way off the ship to an excursion and grab cookies and snacks to take with us. Dining in our separate dining room was a gastronomic delight every night. We had our choice from the menu for our dining room or we could order anything from the main dining room also. Dinner was always at whatever time you wanted it. Wine was a bit pricey, but I drink only sparkling cider so that was fine. They even kept the bottle for me. What made this cruise even more special is that on Madeira Island and in Barcelona, we booked excursions with motorcycle sidecar companies. No bouncing from side to side in a bus trying to see, no problems with understanding the guides, no problem hearing because we each had a helmet with speakers and microphones. Our guides in both places were very knowledgeable on history, geography, climate and plants. They were able to add local color for our tours, and the prices were cheaper than private tour guides! We took one ship excursion into Cádiz and that was a waste of money. The bus was full, all the good pictures were out of the other side of the bus, the guide was hard to understand and hear, and the driver did not slow down at all so you could get good pictures. If you want a nice relaxing 14 day cruise then be sure to take a trans-ocean cruise and splurge on a suite cabin. You won't regret it.

Fantastic Cruise, Service, Food, Spa, and Activities for Suite Seniors.

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by JuneEl

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Celebrity Suite

JuneEl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Celebrity Suite
Cabin CS
We stayed in a suite and it was a perfect size as both my roommate and myself needed rolling walkers. The closet and safe were a really good size and there was plenty of room to move about the cabin. Really the only problem in the room's furnishings was the lounge chair in the sitting area that was too close to the ground, even for my roommate who was only 5 feet tall! We also would have preferred a walk-in shower, but we managed okay in the shower- tub combination. The bathroom was large for a ship's bathroom.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins