3. Harmony of the Seas
We chose this cruise to experience the Harmony of the Seas from Royal Caribbean. We have sailed on 4 of their other ships. Also, have cruised with Princess, Cunard, and Seabourn. We had doubts about such a large ship, but we were pleasantly surprised. Yes, there are a lot of people and lots of kids. That is what this ship attracts with all the activities like waterslides, zip line, flow rider, etc. Tons of things for kids! The Aqua Shows, Ice Shows, Grease the musical, Columbus the musical, the comedians were all spectacular!! We couldn't say enough good things about all the shows. We had no trouble getting in as some reviews said. That being said, we still didn't get to see everything! Not enough time in a week!!! Also, the shows all started right on time. If you go about 15 to 30 minutes early, you won't have any trouble without a reservation. Smart to make reservations if you can. Dining: We chose anytime dining which really isn't the case because they still encourage you to make reservations. If you don't, you will wait in line. Go after 8:15 and you won't have an issue. I would recommend the set dining times - I believe they were 6:30 or 8:30. The food was terrific which I don't usually expect on a cruise. This was the best dining room food of any cruise that we have been on. We only ate breakfast once in the Windjammer. Lots of families/kids. Good service though. Specialty Restaurants: We went to Chops the first night on board which we usually do on a cruise to avoid the chaos of the first night dining. The filet at Chops was perfect and delicious. My husband had lamb and loved it. He had lamb a lot! Loved his meals!! The atmosphere is not as nice as other ship's Chop Restaurant. I thought it lacked intimacy as did Jamie's Italian restaurant. (had a somewhat cafeteria feel )150 Central Park hit all the marks for food and atmosphere. Sabor, the Mexican restaurant, was really good. Coco, the waiter, is a riot!! They also give a guacamole class there which I would highly recommend. Very fun and then you have lunch there. It is very noisy because it is right beside the Aqua Theatre. Johnny Rockets is great for burger/fries, milkshakes, etc. Always fun there. The galley tour is amazing!!! Put that on your to-do list. Great buffet lunch at the conclusion of the tour. Ports of call: We had already been to St. Maarten, so we just walked around the downtown area and shopped. Puerto Rico was very interesting! Lots to see in just 6 hours. We always use "Tours by Locals" wherever we travel, and our tour guide, Daniel, was wonderful. He is a native, so was very knowledgeable about the island and their history. He also took us to Bacardi Rum factory. Great tour!! Final day was Coco Cay island which is RC's own island. They say, Perfect Day at Coco Cay and they are right! It was simply wonderful!!! Lots of beach areas, a fabulous gigantic pool (wonderful DJ playing music there). We did not do the waterpark area, but it is just perfect for families with kids!!! Food on the island was also great! So much to do and see! We also lucked out with perfect weather our whole week!!! Staterooms: We had a regular room with an ocean balcony. Rooms are a nice size with plenty of storage. Bathrooms are small, but adequate. Bring your own shampoo/conditioner. Our steward was friendly and nice. I would say that the whole staff on the ship were wonderful. Comfortable bed and linens. We had a very quiet room/ 11th floor #700. Thanks Kadek!!! You can request a robe. We bought the water package (case of Evian) and the coffee card. My husband doesn't drink, so the drink package did not work since you both have to buy it. You are allowed to bring on 2 bottles of wine/champagne. It's possible to bring liquor if you know how, but we all know that is not allowed!! LOL!! You end up buying drinks anyway when you are out and about on the ship. Not cheap! I'd say 12-14$ per drink. Pool areas: Depends on what you like. Main pool has lots of action/good music and great bands - plenty of lounges/chairs - lots of people and lots of kids. Solarium (Adult Only) area was our speed. Nice lounging and great bar area. Someone did have loud music playing...What about AirPods people!! Really, in this day and age...I don't want to listen to YOUR music. Solarium has hot tubs too. They have a buffet there too for all meals. We did not eat there. You will have an amazing vacation on this ship!!!!

Fabulous Ship

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by ruthiegolfgirl

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

You will have an amazing vacation on this ship!!!!
ruthiegolfgirl’s Full Rating Summary