• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

jpolyson
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Interior

I have been on many cruises - all have been Carnival except I 2. I always choose Carnival because they are "FUN". We chose The Breeze for the itinerary. Truely wish I had stuck to a smaller ship. Not sure if the size of the ship accounts for the poor quality of food, poor service and lack of "FUN" on the Lido Deck. But this was only the minor part of disappointment.

The Breeze has festering mold and whatever else in their air system. If it had only been my husband that had major and I do mean major upper respiratory issues - I would account it to his allergies - but reading all the number of upper respiratory issues Guests had on this cruise - it has to be something in their air system. They can't be oblivious to the fact they have an issue - and it is sad that Carnival doesn't do something about it so their Guests don't get sick. We did what we could - we changed rooms with our friends thinking it was the Lysol I sprayed to disinfect the room (yes I use Lysol at home and it doesn't bother my husband), the problem did not go away. We finally stopped room cleaning after the 2nd day hoping that would help - it did not. The only thing that helped was getting off the Ship. I was sick on both sea days - but I do have an open mind - and am accounting it to rough seas and sea sickness. Even reading the number of people who were sick outside of respiratory issues I will still say it was rough seas.

I have never written a bad review about Carnival in all the sailings I have taken with them - so I am not one to just write a bad review. This is not to bash Carnival - it honestly is to hopefully stop other Guests from getting seriously ill on their cruise. As I said - the sub par food, lack of "FUN" we have always had on the Lido Deck and the not so happy staff may be accounted to the size of the Ship. Not sure how it can be - but it always hard to manage anything when the Staff grows in size - so I will account this part to the size of the ship.

Interior

Hard to comment on Cabin Review - all I will say is that I personally very rarely saw our room steward BUT we did discontinue room cleaning after the 2nd trying to get rid of whatever it was that was causing my husband's respiratory issues.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We did not do any excursions in Port Canaveral but we did go early and spent time in St Augustine before boarding the SHip

Belize City

This is really hard to rate - we had to cancel our snorkel excursion due to my husband getting major upper respiratory issues on the Carnival Breeze. We did take the tender into port - and attempted to take a City Tour - but things got very very sketchy with the guy we were dealing with so after walking forever to the supposedly a/c car that turned out to not have working A/C we walked away and back into the Port and back to the Ship. We know that Belize is not the safest place to venture on your own - we thought tours inside the Port would be safe - as soon as we stop feeling safe - we turned back.

Roatan

The Port Shops were nice - again - we were not able to venture out due to husband's upper respiratory issues that were wide spread on the Carnival Breeze

9 Helpful Votes