• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

GYBR53
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin:

Overall, a good time was had by all. This was our second cruise. We went as 3 couples together so had quite a few points of views and opinions. I will try to give my hints and tips which I hope will be of use to future cruisers.

Dining. I hate the self-service buffet. It's just like a factory canteen. I haven't paid £6k to eat in a factory canteen. We used it on 2 occasions when we had early morning trips. We mainly used the Peninsular for breakfast but sometimes went to the Oriental. Nothing to choose between them. Evening dining we mainly used Peninsular on Freedom dining. Dinners are good but do take best part of 2 hours to get through most nights. We paid extra to eat in Sindhu once and the Beach House twice. If I went again I wouldn't bother with either as nothing stood out as worth paying extra for.

There are too many sea days (4) and they just provoke selfish behaviour and "sunbed wars". The management could sort this out by policing it better but they don't seem bothered.

Tired. We had same cabin as 2019, thinking it would be refurbished in October. It wasn't. Same rip in settee and black marks on the walls. Everything worked and steward Antonio was very good.

Port Reviews

Martinique

Took local ferry to beach. Ferry ride was great - €7 each round trip. Beach was average. Bars expensive.

St. Maarten

Like St Maarten. 6 ships in the day we went (including 3 P & O trips). Just walked into town and had a few beers at a beach bar.

Aruba

Walked to a local beach and bar. Neither anything special.

18 Helpful Votes