3. Britannia
Overall, a good time was had by all. This was our second cruise. We went as 3 couples together so had quite a few points of views and opinions. I will try to give my hints and tips which I hope will be of use to future cruisers. Dining. I hate the self-service buffet. It's just like a factory canteen. I haven't paid £6k to eat in a factory canteen. We used it on 2 occasions when we had early morning trips. We mainly used the Peninsular for breakfast but sometimes went to the Oriental. Nothing to choose between them. Evening dining we mainly used Peninsular on Freedom dining. Dinners are good but do take best part of 2 hours to get through most nights. We paid extra to eat in Sindhu once and the Beach House twice. If I went again I wouldn't bother with either as nothing stood out as worth paying extra for. There are too many sea days (4) and they just provoke selfish behaviour and "sunbed wars". The management could sort this out by policing it better but they don't seem bothered. Lots of pressure this time to get you to spend extra on dining and events. The drinks packages are a waste of time. Even if you were on the drink all day you would struggle to drink £1200 worth of drinks in two weeks. The whole concept needs a rethink. Cabin steward was much better than last year. Very helpful. P & O need to supply WiFi on the ship for free. Even if it's available just when docked. It's 2020 - people expect to be connected. Bars. Atrium bar is nice. Brodie's has a plethora of TV screens. Usually showing football. The open deck bars all serve drinks in plastic glasses which I think make your beer flat and taste odd. Crows Neat is nice but always full and too far from the restaurants. Sunset Bar at back of ship has smoking on one side that drifts to the other side as well. Luckily no smoke in other areas. Waiting staff are constantly asking if you want more drinks. Gets a bit wearing after a while. Horizon daily newsletter very helpful. Make sure you read it to know what's on where and when. We went to a few of the Headliners shows and a Cuban comedian. Could never get a seat in the Live Lounge on any of the 14 nights. We did several P & O Excursions which were all very good. You pay a bit more but you get less people on catamarans etc on the P & O cruises than other trips. Prickly Pear Island in Antigua was my high-spot plus the evening Sunset Cruise in Barbados. Took local ferries/taxis to beaches in Martinique and Barbados. Favourite Islands. We like St Kitts, ST lUCIA, Antigua & St Maarten (even though there were 6 ships in the day we went including 3 P & O ships) and Barbados. Not so keen on Martinique and Aruba.

2020 Caribbean Cruise

Britannia Cruise Review by GYBR53

• Sail Date: January 2020
  • Destination: Caribbean

GYBR53’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Tired. We had same cabin as 2019, thinking it would be refurbished in October. It wasn't. Same rip in settee and black marks on the walls. Everything worked and steward Antonio was very good.