3. Norwegian Encore
We wanted to be on NCL's newest ship and the itinerary suited our needs. Checking in at the Miami Cruise Pier was a pleasure. We were warmly welcomed by the very efficient staff. Our cabin wasn't ready so we went to the Garden cafe for lunch. It was a typical NCL buffet, no different from the Bliss. Many items in the Garden Cafe were repeated on a daily basis. The specialty restaurant food was fantastic but the noise level in Onda was unreasonably very loud. We also dined at Cagney's and Q. The service was exceptional at the three we dined in. The savor and taste dining rooms left a lot to be desired as far as service goes. Many of our dinner orders were not prepared as ordered and the time between appetizers and main courses was way too long. The supervisors in those restaurants were very helpful and expedited the meals when we pointed out how long we were waiting. The shows, Kinky Boots, Choir of Man, Adult Comedy Show and the Beatles Experience were also very good. The house bands were also good. My only complaint regarding the entertainment venues is that the Cavern Club and Social Comedy Club are way too small for a 4000 plus ship. Now to my major complaint- We are invited Casino Guests and have gambled in many land based and cruiseline casino's. The Craps dealers and supervisors are extremely inept and unprofessional. For the most part, they had great difficulty determining what the correct payout was on many different wagers and most times they stopped the momentum of the game because two or three different dealers had to correct the previous payoff. The supervisors only corrected errors if it was in the casino's best interest.The same was true on ordinary bets. Either they are not trained correctly, cannot calculate simple addition & subtraction or NCL isn't concerned that their guests are being cheated or improperly paid. To top it off, the dealers and supervisors constantly converse in their native language to each other at the table, laugh when a seven comes out and make light of their mistakes without an apology. There is only 1 Dice table on the Encore and the placement is directly next to a bank of very loud and obnoxious slot machines. These machines are also used for slot tournaments so the noise is deafening for long periods of time.. If you are a Dice/Craps player please understand that I am a decent player and cannot tolerate incompetence and distractions at the table. I am not reviewing the casino poorly because I lost. In fact, I did very well on this cruise, in spite of the poor supervision and dealers. The pool had enough chairs, although a great majority were not full length chaise lounges. The chair hogs did their usual thing. They are trying a new concept on the Encore. Louis Vuitton Corp. is managing the jewelry and watch department and are now carrying very high end jewelry and watches. There's also a Bulgari Jewelry Boutique aboard. Getting off the ship was a breeze as we walked off by 8:15, located our luggage and were through Customs by 8:45. I'm not sure I'll be going on the Encore again.

Encore - Almost there!