3. Oasis of the Seas
All in all, this a great ship with lots to do. For the most part they've done a great job spreading out the crowds, however, there are few areas where the huge number of passengers becomes a big problem. I will detail them below. PROS: The "Central Park" neighborhood is breathtaking. It really feels quiet and intimate. You completely forget you are in the middle of a huge ship surrounded by hundreds of rooms looking down on you. It's pretty amazing how this is accomplished. -Very quick bar service. Maybe it's the sheer number of bars, but I barely waited for drinks the entire cruise. This is in stark contrast to previous experience on other ships. -As is the norm with Royal Caribbean, the staff throughout the ship are always friendly and welcoming. -This kids clubs are great. Our kids (5 and 7) loved every minute of them -The bands/musicians are outstanding. One of the bands in particular (I didn't catch their name, unfortunately) were hands down the tightest, most talented cover band I have ever seen. -The performers throughout the ship (divers, gymnasts, skaters etc). are incredible. CONS: -The Windjammer is slipping. There did not appear to be as many menu items as there were in our previous Royal Caribbean experience. There are also some individual items that aren't nearly as good as they used to be (the pancakes, for an example). Overall, the food is still fairly good, but it doesn't "wow" me like it used to. My theory is that they are trying to get people into their pay restaurants. -Windjammer lineups: Some days for breakfast there were lineups out the door just to get into the Windjammer. I have never seen this on an RC ship before. I realize it's a big ship, but I assumed that they would have designed the Windjammer accordingly. -Main Dining Room line ups: Similar to the Windjammer, it doesn't seem that they designed to Main dining room to be able to take on the number of passengers. Some nights were fine, but others, we found ourselves in lineups as long as 25 minutes, even though we had made reservations. I suspect if you had set dining times as opposed to "my time", you would have no problems.. -Odd open and closed times for certain features: One example is the hotdog stand in the Boardwalk neighborhood. This to me it is a big part of the boardwalk vibe they're trying to create...yet it's closed a lot of the time for some reason. There are other restaurants and features on the ship that we would come across and were surprised they were closed. Maybe its a staffing thing? -The music hall is amazing, yet it sits unused and/or empty much of the time (i.e. when the bands are playing elsewhere on the ship). It seems like a waste of a great space. -Debarkation: This is where the reality of the vast number of passengers becomes painfully clear.

Mind blowing in some areas, dissapointing in others

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by The Beautiful South

Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D
BATHROOM: The water was insanely hot some days. Other than that, the bathroom is typical of what you'd expect on a cruise ship. However, this one is laid out slightly difference so there was actually leg room in front of the toilet.
BALCONY: When you look at the ship from photos, you see a wall of balconies. However, when you are actually on the ship, they are surprisingly private (the oceanview ones, that is. The ones facing inside the ship are not private)
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins