• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Zacb
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2019
Cabin: Club Balcony

This was my first cruise with Cunard. I knew ahead of time what I was in for as I had done plenty of research before and after booking. I booked this itinerary because I wanted to spend Christmas Day at sea and dress up for evenings and gala occasions. I chose Cunard because I wanted a different (largely child free) experience as compared to other cruise operators.

The embarkation and disembarkation process in Melbourne was smooth and both Cunard and the terminal operator worked well keeping things moving.

Queen Elizabeth is a beautifully appointed ship and has more the feel of warm inviting spaces as compared to the Casino-like public areas found on most ships. Everything is sparkling clean and for this cruise the Christmas Decorations were festive but not ridiculous. I was booked in to Britannia Club and was not disappointed by the step up of amenity as compared to a regular balcony stateroom.

Club Balcony

Cabins are spotlessly clean and the A2 rooms are high and have excellent vistas.. Bathrooms on this ship are small but functional. Our attendant was friendly but best of all she managed to get the job done every day with no fuss.

4 Helpful Votes