• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

zgrandma
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2020
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Had a wonderful time on the Sun. This was a short cruise for me, 5 days, but always had something to do. Had previously read negative things about the Sun, but I thought I would see for myself. A cruise it what you make it. This was a joint birthday cruise taken with my grand-daughter, as we share the same day. The food in the MDR, Tepanyaki, Moderno, and even at the Garden Buffet was very good. Had plenty of choices. Enjoyed the musical show and especially the Adult Comedy. The cruise director Richard Matic was hilarious and such a fun person. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment. Participated in the Glow night on the pool deck. Had designs painted on our face with glow paint. Glow sticks were given out and everyone was just having such an amazing time dancing the night away. Enjoyed Battle of the Cake masters where the Pastry Chef, Cruise Director Richard and a Passenger were putting together a Black Forest cake. The Cruise Director was just doing his own thing and making everyone laugh. The crew and officers were all very friendly and greeted you whenever passing by. I have to say I truly enjoyed this cruise and would definitely cruise again on this ship or another NCL ship. This was my 38th cruise but only the second with NCL. I will definitely sail again with NCL.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Lots of storage space, more than needed. Just loved the layout. So enjoyed having a tub and being able to take a nice hot bubble bath. The water pressure was great. Able to store our luggage in the walk in closet and not having to shove it under the bed. Nice balcony with cushion seats. Coffee pot in the cabin. Our stateroom kept our cabin immaculate.

Port Reviews

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

No excursion just embarkation.

Costa Maya

Enjoyed this Port of Call. So colorful. We walked all around checking out all of the stores and picking up some souvenirs to take home. We then and then enjoyed a light lunch with drinks and took a dip in the pool. The water was on the cool side so we decided to walk around the Port again before our return to the Ship.

3 Helpful Votes